CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

954 pc3 download recommendation with k&n, d&d, flapper mod & htev pinned wide open

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 03:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 954 pc3 download recommendation with k&n, d&d, flapper mod & htev pinned wide open

Just ot my pc3 in and for a few weeks before I get a custom dyno tune I'd like to go ahaead and get a download tune off the web site. Being thgat I have the htev is pinned open all the way, should I down load a map with the slip on or should I download the one for the full exhaust. In other words, is the htev being pinned all the way open like a full exhaust or is it still gonna be the same as a slip on? ...regardless of what you all might think of the htev being pinnepen all the way, its its until I get a full system anyway. Thanks.

Old 09-03-2013, 03:57 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

There should be a map (I can't remember specifically though) that is a 3/4 system that uses the OEM headers with a can that removes the HTEV. I think it's a Yosh map. Anyways, that's the one I'd use.

Old 09-04-2013, 08:37 AM

I ended up finding the two bros 1/2 system map off the pc site. It was the only one that included the htev delete. It fired right up and sounds alot better on idle and through out the revs and shifting. It feels a lot more fluid and smooth. The decel popping is gone, the strong odor of fuel from under the tankis gone, there is hardly any smoke out the pipe when I blip the throttle. It also slightly improved the jerkyness while cruising at or below 4k, it still there though. This really helped and I'm satisfied for now, I can't wait to get a dyno tune in a couple weeks though. Maybe they will be able to dial it in even better and make it even smoother. Thanks for the help.

Old 09-04-2013, 10:14 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

1/2 system! That's what it was called. Ya, that's the one I used too. Did you get the PCIIIr? or USB?

Old 09-04-2013, 12:53 PM

Usb is what I have. What is the 3r? What is the difference

Old 09-04-2013, 01:44 PM
Registered Users

[QUOTE=cBrentb;1249062]Usb is what I have. What is the 3r? What is the difference[/QUOTE

3r allows you to adjust ignition timing, usb you have to buy the a dd on fire a couple hundred more.

how do you like the performance compared to having the htev fully functional? better performance, or will it need the custom map to bring it better than stock?

Old 09-04-2013, 03:00 PM

With the htev functional I could feel more torque and back pressure, withh a slight different growl on hard decel. Wired open all the way without a pc download it is very jerky and surges a lot through the lower and mid rpms. Then up higher rpms it really ripps. With the htev open and a pc tune it surges slightly at rpms under 4k. Around 4-5k it has a very very slight stutter. After 5k its good. Its really smooth through the mid and snapps awake at 7k-redline. That's with a two bros 1/2 system with the htev delete.

Old 09-04-2013, 03:04 PM
Registered Users

would you say the bike rips way harder than stock in the higher rpms with that map? I was considering locking mine open ive got the two bros carbon slip on

Old 09-04-2013, 09:54 PM

On my bike, with the htev pinned wide open, Its significantly more responsive and revs a little faster, that's about how I'd describe it. As far as power to the ground my bike puts down 138.3 at the wheel w/o a pc. I don't think its that far from stock, I don't know. Also with out the pc I'd say its jerky and its surges really bad under 4k and has a nasty flat spot between 4k-5k.

Old 09-05-2013, 02:36 PM

Conrice, are you familiar with the pc 3 face plate adjustments? I still see black poofs of smoke and smell fuel fumes, even though the two bros down load map has made it run better it still running a tab bit rich and it still lacked pulling power. So I adjusted it on the pc3 faceplate buttons. On low, mid and high I went -2 on all three. Its pulls harder now and runs better and smoother over all. It still has a hint of black smoke when chop the throttle or when I come to a stop after a top speed run on the interstate. My main question is how do you know when you have adjusted a bike to lean? I mean a hint of fuel smell and a slight poof of black smoke when really getting on the throttle at top speed and chopping it at idle should be normal right?

Quick Reply: 954 pc3 download recommendation with k&n, d&d, flapper mod & htev pinned wide open