CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

954 - nub

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 02:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 954 - nub

Hello,
I just got this 954 and truly amazing.

This bike has a few upgrades. stainless breaklines and crazy looking break rotors that kinda stuff. But this Micron serpent exhaust system is my concern. Some one told me the original exhaust was rather alaberat. and the reasion I have a check engine light on is due to this micron system.

Now I havwe had this bike for mear hours. It run well great but the idle isnt as perfect as I would expect for fuel injected. even held at 3000 to 6000 rpm there is a little up and down in the rpm.

basicly there is a micron serpent system on it it idles rough and there is a active fault , with the kickstand down the fault light blinks 3 times slow and 4 times fast.

can any of you point me to the answer or the book to find the answer.

Thank you so much.

http://bikertrash.us/rollingscbr.htm

Old 10-10-2005, 09:44 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: 954 - nub

Welcome to the site! Hope you enjoy your new toy -- it sux when that damn light is on. What you need is to get a copy of the shop manual. That'll tell you all the codes and what they mean. Unless you have a CA model I don't see why changing the exhaust would trip an error code.

Old 10-10-2005, 04:14 PM

unplugged htev exhaust valve they took it off when they changed the exhaust and the idle at high rpms is becuase full exhaust and no power commander to take out the flat spots

Old 10-10-2005, 10:36 PM

great thanks for the help Ill have to get my hands on a power commander and a shop manual.

Looks like there is nothing that can be done about the unpluged htev exhaust valve so I can expect that to always be there right?

thanks again