CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

954 flaws?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 03:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 954 flaws?

Yeah the 954 isn't that good of a summer bike. Does tend to roast your chestnuts a bit. The only problems I had with mine was the exhaust/ air flap valve motor which was covered under warranty and 50k later no problems. Did valve adjust and the CCT was a pain to get on and off, and the frame location made me a little paranoid about cam timing since there was no straight line of sight for marks being level to cyl. head gasket level. Also since the motor does get hot under the tank I found a vacuum line plastic t-fitting broken. 2 dollar part that I didn't notice anything was wrong just came across it during major service I did. I am still running stock on engine and gearing and I am happy with it. I like to go fast and not have the cops being able to really hear me coming from a mile away like previous bikes. So I am not sure about power gains but I do know with a 929 with a Micron Serpentine Pipe and PC2 we had a lower RPM hiccup that we were unable to get rid of in the dyno. I am not sure with the newer ign. and fuel modules that are out if that is no longer the issue. There is so much tunability with the new stuff in comparison. I tend to go threw chains often but that is just me not keeping up with the lube and riding in all conditions. I love the bike and it is a good strong bike, I have had a few electrical problems, like the O2 sensor going out once, and that instrument cluster going out which extended warranty covered and reset my miles =). The RHS handlebar switch failed and turning off my headlights which extended warranty covered again. I think that my electrical issues were me riding in the rain constantly and not doing anything to dry off the bike afterwards. I know I can be rough with her but she is always good with me.

Old 12-02-2008, 01:50 PM

ORIGINAL: Nealio240z

the 929 and 954 use 2 different blocks for the engine (54 has better cooling channels and a thicker engine casing- not to mention none of the internal parts from the 929 match up to the 954... "stressed engine block from boring" o please- Get the facts and look up the difference from the two bikes.- INCLUDING ENGINE

I was going to say the same thing. If you don't know WTF you are talking, don't post!

Old 12-02-2008, 02:10 PM

exactly...

Old 12-03-2008, 12:08 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Lets just make it simple. 954 FTMFW