CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

954 DRIVING ME NUTS!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 10:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 954 DRIVING ME NUTS!!!!!!!!!!

just thought id let everyone know. Still working on the problem, waiting on parts, have been riding streetfighter style, can ride for about 20 minutes at a time then gotta stop and let it cool for about 20 min. going to try a few more things and in the mean time talk to all the honda techs around here to see if there is one that i would actually pay to work on my bike, ive had much bad experience with techs and dont trust any of them, but if i dont get it fixed in the next few weeks im not going to have a choice. ive already missed about 1/3 of the riding season and im going to be super bummed if i dont get back on the road for real before cold starts rolling around. we'll see.

Old 07-27-2008, 11:17 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Default RE: 954 DRIVING ME NUTS!!!!!!!!!!

I know is blows HC, but hang in there man.

Old 07-28-2008, 01:20 AM

still fighting electrical bugs?

Old 07-28-2008, 08:34 PM

Tryin real hard TK, Taking another break from it while i wait for parts and riding the dirt bike, that thing runs like a champ

Yup, still those damn electrical gremlins. Talked to a guy near by that has 35 years of electrical experience and he is going to come help me out sometime next weekend, he was tellin me some stuff that was way over my head so it sounds like he knows a thing or two.

Old 08-17-2008, 11:25 PM

Why do you have to let it cool?What temp is getting to?
I just one and Im wondering what the normal running temp is?

Hope its around 220

Old 08-18-2008, 12:28 AM

That's normal Danny.

HC, I am the same way. I would drop the thing off at the dealer in a heartbeat if I didn't think they would take their sweet time to tell me stuff I already know. Me and my old man are still not sure if mine is the CCT. I am ordering the damn part tomorrow and will hopefully install it with success. If not, then we can all have a good cry together.

Old 08-18-2008, 03:12 AM

lol thats what its going to be for me if the dealer cant tell me anything

Danny, its not the bike that has to cool, its just the stator wires, 220 is pretty normal in stop and go traffic. try some water weter and see if it drops at all.

Old 09-12-2008, 01:56 PM

hey man, i've seen the several posts you've made in regards to this issue and here's my $.02: if your problem is that you're wires can't handle the amperage required by yourpumpthen the pumpNEEDs to be replaced. common issue with electric fuel pumps is when they get older they start drawing more amperage which leads to more wear and tear on the motor. more wear and tear on the motor, leads to more ampsto keep it spinning.... you see the circular issue here? it's only a matter of time before that limping pump melts wires/fuses/relays/ecm

just my opinion....

you did replace the fuel filter, right?

Old 09-12-2008, 09:03 PM

Dude, sell that frankenstein and get a SOLID bike. No offense, just an idea..

Old 09-13-2008, 02:34 AM

^^ I got it fixed actually, rode over 1000 miles in the last two or so weeks when its not raining and its all good now. Still might sell it and get something else though, we'll see over the winter.

BUT

Im going to look into that for sure man, I didnt even think about the fuel pump going out- it happened before on a gsxr of mine but it never effected the electrical components of the bike just the performance and then it was obvious, but ill check it out- and negatory on the filter, i thought the pump usually crapped out before the filter was all junked up but i cant say that i have any good reason for making that assumption.

Quick Reply: 954 DRIVING ME NUTS!!!!!!!!!!