CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

yoshimira engine management system (EMS)?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 10:24 PM
Permanent ROTM Nominee
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default yoshimira engine management system (EMS)?

has anyone ever had any experience with the yoshimira EMS system?

I was wondering how they worked in comparison to the powercommander?

Old 06-06-2007, 07:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: yoshimira engine management system (EMS)?

I installed mine about 6 months ago.... I still have not dynoed and adjusted my bike yet. I can not answer your question becase i have never had a power commander.

Old 06-07-2007, 12:30 AM
Permanent ROTM Nominee
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok how about a lil imput on how your bike felt before and then after and if you would recommend it, how eay is it to progam?

Old 06-07-2007, 03:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It feels the same. It only changes when you input maps. When it is zeroed out, or not mapped,it just runs your stock settings. The program looks similar to the pwr cmdr, and I hear the maps are manually interchangeable. So basically, I would say they do the same thing,

Here's what they say:

Yoshimura EMS Controller is a stand alone unit that allows the rider to adjust the OEM fuel and timing maps to optimize the engine performance of their motorcycle. Adjustments can be made to over 200 different points on the fuel and timing tables based on throttle position and RPM. The controller also stores 3 separate fuel and timing tables on board, allowing the ultimate in tunability and flexibility. Maps developed by Yoshimura are supplied on the included CD-ROM. Communication is via an easy to use software package utilizing a graphical interface. All that is necessary to run the software is a PC running Windows 95 or better and an open serial port. Installation on the motorcycle requires only basic hand tools and about an hours worth of time. Because we use OEM connectors to plug into the stock wiring there is no cutting or splicing required. This also makes for a very clean and professional looking installation!

This unit is similar to the Power Commander PC3r but only better. Not only does it come with Yoshimura Exhaust Maps it also has the ability to connect and control various other Yoshimura Management Products through the accessory hub (sold separately)!