CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

Where are all the 929ers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 10:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bubba_finch07
929/954 are like chuck norris, they are indestructible even though they have a little age. . ride out!

Indestructible???? You might want to rephrase that! I fell going around a turn at like 20 mph and now i need a new motor! The bottom of the motor casing cracked along with of course the stator cover. I do have frame sliders too.

If you own this bike I suggest getting a cage because if you fall your gonna need a new motor if you drop it on the stator cover side thats for sure!

Super Lame and Super Bummed out.

Old 06-17-2010, 03:12 PM

definitly beg to differ. obviously not indestructible, but everyones case is different. sucks for you that you need a new motor though.. be careful for which cage you buy if you do decide to buy one. some will take away valuable clearance which will throw you in the weeds in a sharp corner. btw, took mine down over 100 on the thruway and rode it home. i was about 1.5 hrs from home also. she didn't let me down, thats for sure..

Originally Posted by Roast
Indestructible???? You might want to rephrase that! I fell going around a turn at like 20 mph and now i need a new motor! The bottom of the motor casing cracked along with of course the stator cover. I do have frame sliders too.

If you own this bike I suggest getting a cage because if you fall your gonna need a new motor if you drop it on the stator cover side thats for sure!

Super Lame and Super Bummed out.

Old 06-17-2010, 07:32 PM
July 2012 Ride of the Month

Love this bike,,, idk if Ill ever get rid of it either.

I think he means indestructible in engine terms and reliability

Last edited by CTcbr929; 06-17-2010 at 07:42 PM.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:07 PM

I was lucky, did cartwheels with mine, complete flip..the wife said it was "Awesome" (I checked my life insurance to see if she'd increased it) Rode it home, and then rode another 300 miles the next day...no windscreen, no mirrors, but frame and forks were still straight. Love my bike, I will not sell this one, its stayin. I do plan to add to my stable tho..thinking 600rr, its either that, or one of the new beamers..man those things are very sweet. Watched a friend go into a corner way too hot, you could see the traction control take over. The bike waggled a little, and thought he was gonna go into a tank slapper, but it straightened up sweet as you please, and he was thru the corner..He said later he couldn't believe how the bike "took over" and all he had to do was steer..pretty impressive. Now if I can only get him to let me ride it! (Love my Hondas tho, no worries there)

Old 06-18-2010, 02:38 AM

well I layed my old 954rr down at 70mph. She was only scratched up with fairings broken. and no mechanical problems. However I did mean reliability of the engine. Just bad luck buddy.

Old 06-18-2010, 09:26 AM

Yea I recently bought a 01 929 and I love it, the guy before me did a couple little things like put a full yosh exhaust on it and tinted windscreen, custom rear tail and rear tire cover! This is a strong bike and the only issue so far ive had with mine is my Fi light is staying on and cant figure out what could be my issue but still runs strong an i haven't been riding due to that damn red light!

Old 06-18-2010, 04:22 PM

2001 929rr here -Yellow/Black Full Jardine, k&n, and power commander. Led front blinkers and tail light with a carbon fiber under tail installed and a custom stainless steel plate mount I made. Sounds sweet and runs hard. Put 6700 miles on last year which was the first year I owned it. Went to my father's wedding in Wyoming last summer--Left Mankato, MN in the morning and when I got there the odometer showed 847.4 miles. Not too bad for a sport bike ride in a day. Funny too cause the trip should have only been about 675 miles but when I got to the black hills I had to play. Excellent milage even running 85-90 mph about 45-48 with stock sprockets. Kinda funny... I rode a friends HD Night Train the other day (2006) and I'm riding this thing thinking its the most unbalanced top heavy slug I ever rode and it made alot of noise but didnt go anywhere hehe. Think if I buy another it will be a 954

Old 06-22-2010, 11:17 PM

Bought my 01 929RR a year ago here in Southern California and have since put on about 15k miles ... one track day, lots of canyons and some highways! I love that they are pretty unique and its not a "me too" bike, as in "you have a GSXR1k? oh me too!" ...

Buying the parts to do a 954 Swingwarm swap. Cant wait to lift up the bike and see it sit evenly.

Old 06-23-2010, 12:01 AM

I just did it on mine. I think it really freshens it up too. That was the one thing I didn't like about the bike was just a solid, plain looking swing arm. You don't really need that many parts, just the 954 swing arm, 954 brake line, along with the misc. little things like brake line holders and chain guide.

Old 09-09-2010, 09:32 AM

fresh 2000 929rr here,
black on black (Matt & Gloss),
what looks like a VTR SP1 tail (but 2 up),
Leo Vince Titanium Full Exhaust,
Fabbri Light Tint Double Bubble Screen (which still batters the hell out of me... or Im still used to Touring Bikes lol)