CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

What did you pay for your 929rr??

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 06:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What would you pay for an excellent condition 01 with 21,000 miles? That is the question. Your basic mods, pipe, pc.

Old 12-04-2010, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by JKZ929
2001 929 13500 miles. Helmet, bike stand, two brothers shorty, extra D&D slip-on, full cover, half cover, 2 extra rear sprokets, -1/+1 and new chain, new rear tire, spare rear tire, tinted screen, disc lock.

$2800 cash. Drove 7 hours roundtrip to pick it up.
Was it beat to hell? Either they really needed the cash or it's been down on both sides.

Old 12-04-2010, 11:42 PM

i traded for mine, but i had a fortune into the truck that i traded for it. i would guess about 6500-7000

Old 12-05-2010, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by moosestang
Was it beat to hell? Either they really needed the cash or it's been down on both sides.
It was down on the left side, but the frame slider was long enough to save all the fairings. Few scrapes on the mirror and bar end, and one small scuff on the left rear of the tail.

Just traded it a few weeks ago though, for a total of 8 rifles.

Old 12-05-2010, 09:05 AM

for an 01' in excellent condition, market price is probably around 3-4k, the question is, what would you pay for one? LOL. I love mine, but wouldn't go over 4k for an 01' in excellent condition..I did pay more than that for mine, but the list of mods is a good explanation of why. Dyno's at 158hp at the rear wheel.

Old 12-05-2010, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Slyder929
Dyno's at 158hp at the rear wheel.
Does the front end lift up on command with 158HP to the rear wheel on a 929 ? Or do you need more like 175-200HP like close to what a liter bike has to have it wheelie on command with just full throttle in the first 3 gears at least ? enough power to wheelie in the first 4 gears would be both impressive and scary at the same time.

Old 12-09-2010, 08:30 AM

I had a -1 front sprocket for a time, with that sprocket, it would pull the front tire off the ground easily coming out of corners. It was actually a little skittish throttlewise, so, I went back to the stock front sprocket. With that sprocket, 1st and 2nd easily pull the wheel up when it hits the performance band. (6k rpms and above). With the hp to weight ratio greater than that of the Hyabusa, it is quicker, not faster necessarily, but definitely quicker. HP to weight ratio for my bike is roughly 2.6lbs per hp, a hyabusa is roughly 3.3 lbs per hp. That weight difference makes the bike quicker. Top end wise, the Busa will get me..but for the first 140 mph or so, I'm right there with em...The part where you really burn the big bikes tho..get on some twisties, and watch the 929 just eat up a busa, and a zx-14. Straightline, they are definitely faster, but throwing all that extra weight around in the turns means slower turn times, straightaways they'd catch up..but often on weekend rides (spirited canyon carving) the Busa's and the 14's often get left behind the curvier the road gets. As for litre bike comparisons, its not all about engine, suspension and tires also play a huge roll, perhaps even bigger in some cases than the extra power. my 929 and I have no trouble keeping up with other litre bikes. Using the GSXR1000 as an example, that bike probably doesn't have much more hp at the rear wheel than does my cbr, however, I find the suspension, and other parts of the Honda, are (IMHO) better, more finished, more complete from the factory. I'm still using the stock Showa suspension, and have no trouble with it. However, my next big purchase will be suspension, moving to Ohlins, and increasing the spring rate on the front forks. I'm a canyon carver..straightline isn't as fun for me.
The bike does wheelie easily from just throttle, no clutching it up thru 3 gears, but, not in 4th. Hell, not many bikes I've ever seen, not even busa's or zx's will lift the wheel in 4th without clutching, and even then, I'm not so sure they would go up.
Hell, I'm not so sure I"d want a bike capable of that..talk about throttle control...

Last edited by Slyder929; 12-09-2010 at 08:35 AM.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:17 PM

Maybe it's just me then, But I never really heard of the 929 or 954 being a wheelie monster, just being a little quicker and a bit more powerfull than the most powerful 600's.

I can't get my bike up, but i just got it and only took it up and down my side road a few times, but didn't have enough room to even get to 5000 RPM's in second gear.So maybe thats it, when season starts again and i get it on the main roads i will give it a couple blasts of throttle in 1st and second and see what it does over 7000 RPM's. I could need a fuel injector cleaning too cause it's a low mileage bike that mostly sat, i'll try running a couple tank's of double dosed chevron techron through it.

Could be me too, i heard the easiest way to gain HP on a bike it for the rider to lose weight, I weigh 230 LBS now, maybe if i weighed 143 LBS like i used to 10 years ago, it would pull up much easier im sure.

But when you get to almost 200 HP on 2 wheels, i would also think the front will come right up almost effortlessly, at least in the first 3 gears, but like you said, those bikes also weigh more than the 929.

Originally Posted by Slyder929
I had a -1 front sprocket for a time, with that sprocket, it would pull the front tire off the ground easily coming out of corners. It was actually a little skittish throttlewise, so, I went back to the stock front sprocket. With that sprocket, 1st and 2nd easily pull the wheel up when it hits the performance band. (6k rpms and above). With the hp to weight ratio greater than that of the Hyabusa, it is quicker, not faster necessarily, but definitely quicker. HP to weight ratio for my bike is roughly 2.6lbs per hp, a hyabusa is roughly 3.3 lbs per hp. That weight difference makes the bike quicker. Top end wise, the Busa will get me..but for the first 140 mph or so, I'm right there with em...The part where you really burn the big bikes tho..get on some twisties, and watch the 929 just eat up a busa, and a zx-14. Straightline, they are definitely faster, but throwing all that extra weight around in the turns means slower turn times, straightaways they'd catch up..but often on weekend rides (spirited canyon carving) the Busa's and the 14's often get left behind the curvier the road gets. As for litre bike comparisons, its not all about engine, suspension and tires also play a huge roll, perhaps even bigger in some cases than the extra power. my 929 and I have no trouble keeping up with other litre bikes. Using the GSXR1000 as an example, that bike probably doesn't have much more hp at the rear wheel than does my cbr, however, I find the suspension, and other parts of the Honda, are (IMHO) better, more finished, more complete from the factory. I'm still using the stock Showa suspension, and have no trouble with it. However, my next big purchase will be suspension, moving to Ohlins, and increasing the spring rate on the front forks. I'm a canyon carver..straightline isn't as fun for me.
The bike does wheelie easily from just throttle, no clutching it up thru 3 gears, but, not in 4th. Hell, not many bikes I've ever seen, not even busa's or zx's will lift the wheel in 4th without clutching, and even then, I'm not so sure they would go up.
Hell, I'm not so sure I"d want a bike capable of that..talk about throttle control...

Old 12-09-2010, 10:04 PM

2001 929rr Y/B.. Purchased 1.5 years ago with 2900 miles for $4400. Some say it was too much but it was and still is about as mint as you could find and the milage sold me. I also know almost all the history of the bike from day one--Again it had me..

To the last post--I have a power commander, full jardine and a filter. In first gear at 25 mph if I twist the throttle about 3/4 the front is coming way up... No clutching needed <(Not the best way but fun).. At the start of second on many occassions the front has bobbed up quite a bit--This is with stock sprockets but then again i weigh 176. I'm just saying beware as the 929/954 are not dogs by any means. 929=faster than 600's

Old 12-10-2010, 03:55 PM

I just got my 929RR a couple monthes ago, had to drive 5 hours from NJ to MASS to get it.

The ad stated $5000 and did not mention price was negotiable. I got the bike for $4500 and it has 2700 miles on it and was owned by a guy in his 40's so it was never beat on and looks brand new and was kept all stock, even the license plate frame was never chopped, nothing was touched and it's the black and red color scheme.

I got lucky with this bike, I also found a 600F3 a couple monthes before that with only 1175 actual miles buy a guy in his 50's, again untouched, unaltered and brand new, just sat for a long time. I paid $4000 too much for that bike and it's the yellow / purple color scheme NON-smokin joe's edition, just the regular F3.

These will be the last 2 sport bikes I buy, because all the latest ones are sh*t and look like sh*t.

I am happy as sh*t with what I have now though and will never give up either and will try hard as hell to never wipe out.

Last edited by Atieri; 12-24-2010 at 01:39 PM.

Quick Reply: What did you pay for your 929rr??