CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

What did you pay for your 929rr??

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 12:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought my 929rr three days ago for my very first bike and I have to say it is nothing short of amazing. I bought the bike with a full jardine exhaust on it, not just a slip on the bike sounds amazing and hauls some serious ***. It has red led lights under the front and rear. I bought it with 9000 miles from a guy who was in the military for 3000 cash, bout a 3hr round trip to pick it up. I found it on Craigslist, the rear tire was the only thing that needed replacing it had a brand new front tire. I got a deal I think.

Old 10-18-2010, 05:37 PM
July 2012 Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by K929rr
I bought my 929rr three days ago for my very first bike and I have to say it is nothing short of amazing. I bought the bike with a full jardine exhaust on it, not just a slip on the bike sounds amazing and hauls some serious ***. It has red led lights under the front and rear. I bought it with 9000 miles from a guy who was in the military for 3000 cash, bout a 3hr round trip to pick it up. I found it on Craigslist, the rear tire was the only thing that needed replacing it had a brand new front tire. I got a deal I think.
YEA very nice deal man! full jardine exhaust thats sick... nine thousand miles damn.... if you dont mind me asking where are you from?
put a pic up too if ya want...

Old 10-19-2010, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by K929rr
DUDE i fricking swear to god i was going to pick up that bike, i had it all set up trailer and everything and then you he sold it to you... haha wtf mate!! lol if this was is Michigan....god damn man

i mean its cool im picking up a 1000rr on wednesday... where you from?

Old 10-19-2010, 01:56 PM

Yeah man I bought the bike out of southgate Michigan. The second he posted it I txtd him and asked if he would take 3000 cash, he was asking 3200. He said he would take it and we txtd for the rest of the day about the bike. About two days later or so he asked if I was seriously going to buy it because he had a serious offer on the table, my guess is that was you. I went to pick it up on the first day I had off work and met up with him in southgate an hr and 35 away from where I live, port huron area, and didn't even take it for a test ride because there was no need the bike was perfect, loaded it up and took her home. It's a kick *** bike. I'll post pictures as soon as I get to my computer because idk hoe to post pictures from my phone onto this forum. Actually I don't even see any sort of attachment button :/

Old 10-19-2010, 02:40 PM

Okay as far as pictures go I uploaded a couple to my user profile you guys can check them out there and let me know what you think, I still dunno how to post them to this exact thread.

Old 10-19-2010, 05:52 PM
July 2012 Ride of the Month

wtffff thats so sick three thousand bucks for that thing!!! the only part its missing is the chain guard lol
im jealous trade for mine asap k thanks bud

Old 10-19-2010, 11:46 PM

ha damn, its okay. Ya, the ****ed up part is i called as i was leaving my house just to double check with the date we set up. If i hadnt of called i would have driven two hours to find out he sold the bike. kinda bad business there but whatever... i was just going to resell it in the spring anyways:/ but have fun with it man, and be careful. its a lot of bike for your first. But if you respect the machine you should be okay

Old 10-20-2010, 02:17 PM

I should be okay I respect the bike and I know it takes only a fraction of a second to crash, I don't hammer it I just walk into the throttle I have no need or desire to hammer it, that's how **** happens. The new tire is going on today its gunna be a 200 slightly bigger than stock. And ill be ordering frame spiders and a chain guard first thing my next paycheck and then I have all winter for anything else I might want like a power commander, and so on. I don't have any friends with bikes hut I did just start an apprenticeship at a local bike shop, if anyone wants to ride next spring and summer let me know maybe u guys can show me a few things I don't know, every ride is a learning experience

Old 10-20-2010, 10:12 PM

Why wait till spring? I'm mostly riding the goldwing lately for the windshield, but would take the 929 out for a crisp fall ride with some Michigan kids. My friends and I usually do a few weekend trips as well. Lately we've been down to 555 in SE Ohio since it's only a few hours to get there and the roads are great. It's also pretty easy to do the blue ridge parkway as a 3 day weekend.

Old 10-22-2010, 01:50 AM

Check my sig, paid 5200 2.5 years ago, bike was, and still is perfect, 29k on the odometer now, she still runs like she did when I bought her..strong.
http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/o...e/DSCN0011.jpg

Quick Reply: What did you pay for your 929rr??