CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

Scotts Steering Damper Setting

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 04:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scotts Steering Damper Setting

Just wondering where most set their Scotts Steering Damper setting??? I know it's a personal feel, but just asking...

Old 10-25-2007, 10:33 PM
Default RE: Scotts Steering Damper Setting

I like my damper like i like my Women, Tight
I have a hyperpro rsc not a scotss but I usually ride with it
around 3/4 of the way towards the tightest of 22 settings

Old 10-26-2007, 01:59 AM

Yeah I like the tight set up. Oh yeah, the high speed dampner function really works... Throttled pretty hard as I went over a bump on the road - the front wobbled for a second and then it corrected itself.

Old 10-26-2007, 08:15 AM
Retired Admin, January 2008 ROTM, Lord of Neon & L.E.D.s

I've got a GPR and I like it tight as well. Seems to be the general preference. I got it at 5.5 outta 8.
LJ

Old 10-26-2007, 10:52 AM

BTW, when does the two dampener settings take over? What I mean is when does the high speed engage over the low speed? I have my Scotts set 16 clicks back from counter clockwise on low speed and stock on the high side. I have a hard time steering if set any tighter.

Old 10-27-2007, 01:06 AM

Got this from hard racing ...

Why is our Stabilizer so much better than others?
One of our dampers most important features is that the Scotts Stabilizer only dampens as the handlebar turns away from center. The handlebar "free-valves" back to dead straight. That makes the bike want to go straight, all by itself. This is a huge advantage over other dampers. It is the only damper where the main damping control is adjustable on the fly. It only takes two seconds of one handed riding to change the damping, similar to the time it would take to pull the string on your roll off lens. Even more importantly, the Scotts damper has a "high-speed" damping adjustment. Most impacts and head-shake at the front wheel are high speed" movements, where on the other hand, turning is a low speed movement. If you don't like the feeling the damper provides in turns, you can adjust it out and still retain the resistance to high speed impacts, NO OTHER DAMPER HAS THESE FEATURES. Not only is the damping rate and high speed circuit adjustable, but the arc of movement over which it operates is also adjustable.

http://www.hardracing.com/DIRT&ATV/D...ScottsInfo.htm

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [ul][align=left]Base Valve-adjusts the amount of dampening (resistance) you feel at low or medium speeds [/align] [align=left]High Speed Valve-designed to help absorb large, unexpected hits [/align] [align=left]Sweep Control Valves-controls the distance of dampening force (or sweep) from the center line out to either side (left or right) until it releases. The damper is then free to move to the steering stop and back to center.
[/align][/ul]