CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

Rear Caliper Bracket Rubbing against rotor

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 11:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Caliper Bracket Rubbing against rotor

I have a 2000 CBR929RR which I bought used last year. I noticed that part of the Rear caliper bracket is rubbing against the the rear rotor as well as the screws which hold the rotor in place. I know this is not normal. My thoughts are that a collar may be missing. I was wondering if anyone else has any ideas as to what gives. I plan to take the rear wheel apart and see if the collar is there and if not I will have to see if there is something bigger going on. By the way the baike is mint and near been dropped or been in an accident. Ideas please thanks

[align=left] [/align]

Old 05-15-2007, 11:07 PM
Default RE: Rear Caliper Bracket Rubbing against rotor

There are two spacers on the back wheel. One for each side. They are different from each other and only go on their respective sides of the wheel. I am not near my bike now to tell you which one goes on which side, but if you go to a website such as bikebandit.com or any of them that shows the exploded parts diagrams it will be obvious which one goes drive side and which one goes brake side. This is most likely your problem. I know because I messed it up and had the same rubbing that you speak of (several beers and too much help from your buddies in the garage can cause so many parts to get mixed up). If you find out you do not have two spacers then that would be your problem.

Old 05-20-2007, 01:57 PM

the one with the flat lip goes on the chain side, and the one thats just round goes on the brake side

Old 05-21-2007, 12:02 PM

Thanks all it was the spacers which were on the wrong sides. I switched them and the problem is solved.

Now I need to buy new rotor screws since all of them have wear marks on them. The bracket does too but you can't see those.

Now where I can get cheap bolts sometimes these can't be bought from your local hardware store.

Cheers
Al
[align=left] [/align]

Old 05-22-2007, 12:06 AM

try somewhere like babbit's online they seem to have pretty good prices on oem parts but to be honest im a beginner so i just googled oem honda motorcycle parts and found a ton,most of em have that great exploided view same as what your local dealer uses just without the kup.maralot of them have some shipping fees that probable wouldnt make it sensable to just buy the bolts good idea if you can come with a little list of stuff to make the shipping worth it, ie:brakes,clutch,etc.