CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

Which PC map

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 03:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which PC map

I'm about to install my power commander and don't know which map I should use.
I have a scorpion highmount half system, my htev is locked in the straight through position and I removed the flapper from my airbox.

So I'm wondering if I should use the half system map or a full exhaust map. I figure since the htev is locked I should go with the full system. The half sysyem map I assume will still be tuned to take into account the different positions of the htev valve.

Anyone who has a similar setup to mine (Flapper mod, Htev locked half system) which map did you go with? Full exhaust or half sysyem?

Thanks

Old 09-22-2009, 10:55 PM

Go with the full map since it is wide open. A full system eliminates the HTEV and therefore it is wide open as well.

Old 09-23-2009, 03:43 PM

Yeah thats what I'm thinking. I'll let you guys know how it turned out. Gotta find a USB to serial connector first.

Old 09-24-2009, 12:13 PM

Holy **** so much for saving money on buying the non usb PC. I just spent $65 on a usb to serial cable! Another 20 bucks an I could have bought a USB version with all the extra features!

Old 09-29-2009, 01:51 PM

Got the PC hooked up and working properly. Only thing I can't find a good map for my set up. I've tried almost all the full system maps, a few bolt -on maps and all the high-mount maps. The full system maps seem to work the best but every map I tried has a hesitation/stumble right off of idle (1400-1800 rpms). So to avoid the hesitation I have to give it a lot of gas and slip the clutch pretty long. Its pretty annoying especially in stop and go traffic.... and it sounds like I'm launching for a drag race at every red light.

A custom tune isn't feasible right now. So has anyone adjusted the PC manually (face plate buttons) with one of the tunes already loaded onto the PC? I figure I can play with the low RPM rang setting until I get rid of the hesitation.

Or

Can anyone send me their map thats tuned for the HTEV valve locked straight through? Or send me a screen shot of your fuel table?

Old 09-30-2009, 09:37 AM

have you tried the zero map at all. try that one real quick compared to the downloaded maps of the PC site and that will give you a good idea which way you need to go fueling wise if you have to adjust it manually. give me your email and i'll send you my map. it might work a little better maybe ?

Old 09-30-2009, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by rep929
have you tried the zero map at all. try that one real quick compared to the downloaded maps of the PC site and that will give you a good idea which way you need to go fueling wise if you have to adjust it manually. give me your email and i'll send you my map. it might work a little better maybe ?
Yeah I was running the zero map before I got my laptop hooked up to the PC. The stumble was even worse on that map so I had adjusted the low rpm range manually. I had to lean it out almost all the way down to get rid of the issue. I'm gonna do the same to the current map I'm running and see what happens.

Old 10-06-2009, 08:50 PM

your right on dizzy my bike did the same thing,(stumbling in lower rpms) leaning out the lower setting took care of it. i actually ended up takin my bike out on a long deserted road and playing with the power commander setting for a while untill i got her nice and smooth.

Old 10-06-2009, 10:34 PM

Just spend the money and get a custom map, you won't be dissapointed.