CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

pass time...... on speed?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 10:21 PM
Permanent ROTM Nominee
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default pass time...... on speed?

anyone ever watch PASS TIME on the speed channel? I ask because I was watching it last night with my wife and there was a 17 year old kid with a 08 busa all stock with just a pipe and the bike only had 27miles on it and he ran a 9.2 in the quarter!

now I know the new busa are now the top dog in the super bike class but I havnt heard of them being that close to the 8's without work and a professional rider.

I like the show but I'm a lil weary of the times they say certain vehicles run.

tonight they had a 04 JSR 1000, yes I said a JSR, so that alone make me question if the know what they are talking about, but the bike had a turbo and nitrous and it ran a 8.4 so I don't know?

Old 02-21-2008, 10:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: pass time...... on speed?

I personally think that show is beyond stupid. Drag racing is great but a show that you just guess how fast something is going? HOW F*CKING BORING IS THAT! I can sit outside my apartment and do that all damn day.

Old 02-22-2008, 06:36 AM

If I can remember correctly they would run the car down the track after they all guessed. I know when we are at the track we all do the same thing but like you I don't think it can hold on as a TV show. Side note: I wish they would come out with some new episodes ofsuperbikes.

Old 02-22-2008, 07:22 AM

never seen the show, but who cares how fast a HEYimgonnavommitBUSA is anyway. they are sooooo frikin ugly!!

now a show i have a problem with is Dogfights on the history ch. have any of you seen those!
omg on one a sabre jet pushes another one when its engine goes out, on another all the german 109's are just flyin in a big circle while one at a time goes down to attack some american p (i forget) plane and it gets worse from there!!! on one episode they had dogfights .....the bismark v/s the british swordfish planes!!! now cmon ..........oh sorry for the rant lol ........
i hear those JSR's are super quick lol, i was at a party once and heard a guy say how he had a
GXS-900rr wonder if that would be on par with the JSR??

Old 02-22-2008, 09:58 AM
Permanent ROTM Nominee

what he said, but will a stock busa with a pipe , run a 9.2?

Old 02-22-2008, 02:56 PM

what he said, but will a stock busa with a pipe , run a 9.2?
Probably not with ONLY a pipe! Lowered/strapped with a pipe and Rickey Gadson on it's back MAYBE.......
According to SportRider/Motorcyclist, etc.......it's CORRECTED to like a 9.70 or so.

From http://www.motorcyclistonline.com

If the Hayabusa was out of its element on the roadrace track, it was more at home on the drag strip, where we had test rider Greg Moon run the '07 and '08 bikes back to back at Great Lakes Dragaway in Wisconsin. The best pass on the '07 bike was dispatched in 10.277 seconds at 137.90 mph. Moon described the bike as "so easy" to ride, and proved it by clicking off a half-dozen virtually identical passes. By contrast, he said the '08 bike was "virtually unlaunchable" in stock form. The combination of shorter gearing, more violent acceleration and the extra weight of those massive exhaust cans hanging off the back made the new bike wheelie hard and prevented 150-pound Moon from reaching wide-open throttle in first and second gear. The new bike still went quicker and faster than the old one (10.135 sec. @ 142.54 mph), but this was mostly due to the superior top-end power asserting itself on the big end of the track. With a set of lowering links and a strap up front the '08 'Busa would easily be a 9-second bike, but in stock form it's a challenge for even an experienced drag racer.

There is your answer.........NO!

Old 02-22-2008, 09:55 PM

lowered and strapped it ran a 9.25 and the zx14 at 9.26. i think it was in cycle world mag. could be wrong on the mag but not the times.

Old 02-22-2008, 10:21 PM
Permanent ROTM Nominee

i know these bike are fast and have always been fast but to my knowledge, the 1000's would always beat them in the quarter mile is this still true? what are the zx10's and GSXR 1000's running?

Old 02-23-2008, 08:09 AM

maybee the kid is good at drag racing, the track i go to there is a 15 yr old kid there has been there racing since he was 14 and he runs a zx-14 and he is untuchable he runs in the low 8s

Old 02-23-2008, 08:44 AM

ORIGINAL: bignibb

i know these bike are fast and have always been fast but to my knowledge, the 1000's would always beat them in the quarter mile is this still true? what are the zx10's and GSXR 1000's running?
i dont know about 1/4 mile times but i work at a suzuki honda dealership and when the 05 gsxr1000 came out i rode one and it was scary fast the 08 are even faster and scare the $hit out of me they are really fast

Quick Reply: pass time...... on speed?