CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

Pair Mod ?? and Air Box ??

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 04:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pair Mod ?? and Air Box ??

i got 2 questions, figured might as well knock em both out in 1 post since you all are so freakin helpful..haha

1. how the hell do you dothe pair mod, i cant find it anywhere, im prolly just blind, but any help would be appreciated...

2. lookin at the stock airbox setup, it just looks restrictive as hell, beside a aftermarket filter (which is soon going in) is there something you can do like hollow out the 2 tubes that come into the air box or take them out in general, or also those plastic tubes that go to the throttle plates, would taking any of this off help anything out, because i could careless about emissions we have non of that crap here in oklahoma..haha....and a pc3 will be on the bike soon as well. Thanks in advance again!

Old 04-07-2008, 05:56 PM
Permanent ROTM Nominee
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Pair Mod ?? and Air Box ??

well I was told once that ' your only limitation is your imagination'

so I came up with this......

https://cbrforum.com/m_325754/tm.htm

as far as the velocity stacks go (the tubes that connect to the throttle bodies in the air box) leave them in!

your option with these are either replace them with the shorter 'V' stacks from factory pro or leave them alone.

don't cut yours to make them shorter, I believe this option was tested and proved not to work or at least that's what they say on their web site....(then that's what I would say to if I was trying to sell you something)

as far as the tubes that lead into the airbox... I supose you could cut out that center piece to make the hollower but I'm not sure it would make a difference!

now for the air box internals.....

leave the stacks in, you can remove all the other plastics stuff and you can leave the cable in vs removing it, its not necessary. this commonly refered to as the 'flapper mod'

another option is to just pin it into the open position but I opted to romove the stuff vs pinning it open because I thought by pinning it open might stip the gear in the mechanism that opens it!

as far as the pair mod, I havnt done it. I've heard that it doesn't give any more hp, maybe a little weight reduction but not much and you don't have to remove the system, you can just put a marble in the tube that injects the air.

I believe this mod makes it easier to tune if using an O2 sniffer in the tail pipe to get that perfect air fuel ratio without it injecting air into the intake to help burn off the unused fuel.

I hope I been of help.

Old 04-07-2008, 06:03 PM
Permanent ROTM Nominee

http://www.cbr929rr.com/

this link should be of help, just click on an one of the mods and a how to is included with the pair mod!

Old 04-07-2008, 08:33 PM

maybe this will help?

http://www.rogueracing.org/flap.htm

Old 04-08-2008, 03:02 AM

http://www.stuntlife.com/forums/post...601-post4.html

i did the above... that^ post is for an f4i, but it's the same on most hondas in general.
definitely a good mod!

Old 04-08-2008, 06:46 AM

I was going to shoot the link Nibb did. Lots of good info there. I also optednot to dothe Pair mod after reading it.

For now anyway, LOL.

Old 04-08-2008, 05:19 PM

thanks everyone i did it last night right after nibb posted..piece of cake..now just a filter and pc3 away from the dyno =)

edit: and my flap has been gone for months so you all can stop posting that one..haha

Old 04-08-2008, 08:03 PM
Permanent ROTM Nominee

which filter are you going with?

BMC street?
BMC race filter?
K&N?

i went with the BMC street!

Old 04-08-2008, 09:08 PM

ORIGINAL: bignibb

which filter are you going with?

BMC street?
BMC race filter?
K&N?

i went with the BMC street!
BMC race filter

I tend to do everything ***** to the wall..this bike is taking place of my 350+whp dsm...just give me time and see what happens with the bike =)

Old 04-08-2008, 10:45 PM
Permanent ROTM Nominee

hey when you get the BMC race filter, post some pics of it. I want to compare it to my street to see if I need to up-grade!

Quick Reply: Pair Mod ?? and Air Box ??