CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

no fuel pump prime . . . have a quick question

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 04:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no fuel pump prime . . . have a quick question

I noticed the fuel pump is not making noise when I turn the key so after searching I still have questions regarding how to attack this problem.

I have heard about the tilt sensor causing this, but the bike was fine the night before and I havent laid her, and only tilted her over the week before to see how well the crash cage cleared the bike( I just bought the 929).

Is there a way to to trip a relay back to make things work, or do I have to replace something if a fuse is not burnt? I will run a pwr line from the battery to the fuel pump once I figure out how to do this on the schematics. My bike will be given back to me next week by the calif. hwy ptrl b/c the engine was linked to a stolen 929 from 2005 even though my bike is clean titled and has no negative history. State Farm Insurance is letting me keep the engine which is great news, but I will still need to fix this problem.

If you guys know anything that can help me out that would be great. This is my first EFI bike so Im trying to learn up on how things work.

Old 11-03-2007, 09:45 PM
Default RE: no fuel pump prime . . . have a quick question

anyone . . . ?

Old 11-03-2007, 11:14 PM

Is it possible the kill switch was off??

Old 11-04-2007, 09:24 AM
Permanent ROTM Nominee
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ran into a similar problem with mne as well
while I was inspeting the filter, I inadertently detached the power from the pump and wala no prime so I lifted the tank back up and reconnnected it and everything is now fine.

Old 11-04-2007, 04:55 PM

The postion is on . . . I will check on the line when I get the bike back. Is the line and plug visible with the tank raised?

It did this when I bought it but I thought it was a low batt. from sitting for so long. It started fine with a good prime for a month and now has done it twice since. Maybe it was lose at a plug like you suggested and it came loose when I was out doing wheelies ? ? Its prolly not a fuse since the problem went away and now is back, but I could be wrong(hopefully)

Old 11-04-2007, 05:00 PM

ORIGINAL: 929time

The postion is on . . . I will check on the line when I get the bike back. Is the line and plug visible with the tank raised?

When you raise the tank it will go from the motor area to the bottom of the tank.

Old 11-04-2007, 05:11 PM

Sounds good Ill check it out when I get her back this week. Thanks for the help guys

Old 11-04-2007, 05:26 PM

if you look at the top of the 929 forum there is the shop manual for the bike, I highly suggest downloading it.

Old 11-04-2007, 07:23 PM

Yep I have it

Old 11-04-2007, 07:45 PM

I was looking in the manual so im going to look into the fuel pump connector on the bottom of the tank, bank/angle relay, fuel cut relay, engine stop relay, fuses, and if I dont find any thing I may open up the engine cut switchon the right h.b. to see if something is messed up. I have a multimeter so Ill see about doing some ohm checks.

Quick Reply: no fuel pump prime . . . have a quick question