CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

NEW pc3r (serial port though); dirt cheap

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 05:08 PM
Permanent ROTM Nominee
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NEW pc3r (serial port though); dirt cheap

anyone interestedin a pc3r serial port version they are on sale at 58cycle.com for $178 new!

Old 04-16-2008, 05:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW pc3r (serial port though); dirt cheap

I just saw the same thing...are these easy to install and are they worth it even if you don't have a full system??? I've read so many threads saying that it's best to have a full system if your going to get a Power Commander...

Old 04-16-2008, 10:33 PM
Permanent ROTM Nominee

I have one that I bought used and I paid like around $150 or so which isn't no where as good of a deal as these are, new with a warranty!

I think that whether its worth it or not is a matter of personal preference.

the powercommander is capable of running with a ZERO MAP which does not have any modified settings, and some say its still an improvement over the way it comes from factory.

now at 300 plus bucks for the usb version on a mildly modified bike, I would say no, but that's my opinion.

now the usb version doesn't allow for ignition advance and retard as the serial port version which is good if you plan on using nitrous and you might need to retard the timing and if you have the usb version you would have to purchase the IGNITION MODULE seperatley which is like an extra $300 plus bucks and you have to buy the thing to mate them together.

now if you have plan in the future to buy an aftermarket exhaust( full or slip-on) air filter, velocity stacks, flapper mod, some type of HTEV mod, then at least for $178 bucks you are ready to make the most out of you mods via a base map from the POWERCOMMANDERS web site.

now I'm running a two bothers slip-on map with from the site and I added +4 degree up to 4K rpm and +2 after that up until redline and it runs great

I also have the velocity stacks from factory pro and a BMC filter, plus a custom ram air set up of my own design with the flapper mod done. I plan on getting it customed mapped but only after I have finished with all the mods that I can do and I think the last one may be the HASS eliminator since I have a 2bros titanium slip-on that retails for close to $500+ and after that I figure I would be set

but anyways none of that was about what you really asked about! lol

its pretty easy to install, I can install one with removing the scotts stering damper In less than 30mins, I don't know if you have to prop the tank up but I do and remove the riders seat and its a cake walk.

Old 04-17-2008, 12:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bignibb: Thanx for all the info. You really know your sh%$. I don't plan on moding my bike too much. I've got an Erion Exhaust slip on and that's pretty much it for the engine.

Old 04-17-2008, 01:23 AM
Permanent ROTM Nominee

thanks for the props and here is the web site for anyone interested.

http://store.58cycle.com/product_p/pc3sp 929.htm

for some strange reason it doesn't come up when you hit the link but if you highlight the whole thing copy and paste it in the search part of you enternet browser it will pop up or you can go to the 58cycle web page and select their blowout/ powercommanders and you'll find it!