CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

need help

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 02:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help

so i was changing my head lights, got the left one in and turned the bike on to make sure it worked and everything was fine.. finished putting the other 2 lights in and went to start the bike to make sure all the lights worked and it wont start! no fuel pump prime or anything?? im lost, i checked all the fuses under the seat and theyre all fine! anybody have any other suggestions or know what it is?

i left out, no horn or gauge illumination either! i just double checked the fuses and all are good

Old 03-18-2008, 03:15 PM
Default RE: need help

Is it possible you hit the plug going to the gauges??? I remeber seeing another post on here where the bike wouldnt start without the gauges plugge in ( i think) maybe pop off the front fairing and make sure theres no problems with the wiring ( i know when i stick my giant hands in by the headlights there rubbing/squeezing past a lot of wires

Old 03-18-2008, 04:25 PM

did you maybe knock a ground off maybe? its hard to belive you could acadentally knock the plug off going to the guages cause every time i unplug that plug i catch h*ll with it but any thing is possible oh and check the resistor that is on the fairing sstay bracket and make sure it is not unpuged that would also cause it to not crank and loose you horn and all that stuff

Old 03-18-2008, 08:11 PM

i checked the plug to the gauges and it is fine, there are no other plugs that i can find, if there is one or whatever and you can point me in the direction it would be great! I checked the voltage on the battery and it is fine! are there single fuses or anything like that, that i dont know about other than under the seat? -mikey, I have no clue what resistor your talking about on the fairing stay, as far as i can see I dont have one... the bike cranks- it just doesnt start b/c the fuel pump isnt turning on... any other ideas?????

Old 03-18-2008, 08:53 PM

make sure your headlight wire harness didnt come loose. start at the headlight plug and follow the wire back until you come tothe main harness connection and make sure they well connected

Old 03-19-2008, 04:59 PM

the plug i am talking about is behind the speedometer on the back of the fairing stay there should be two plugs

Old 03-19-2008, 08:25 PM

ok, yea. the speedo plug was fine, there are 2 other plugs/relays... i guess im going to order new ones and see if that fixes it? anybody else have any other ideas?

Old 03-19-2008, 09:12 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

your biggest problem isnt that your headlights wont turn on but rather your gauges and fuel pump wont turn on. that is an electrical issue and commonly a result of the fuse under the seat .. also un plug the harness and check the connections and make sure none of them are lose.

Old 03-21-2008, 06:40 AM

so i was working on it tryin to figure out what the hell was wrong and got a wild hair up my a** to pull the kick stand up, and everything turned on and it started... holy s**t youve got to be kidding me... so then i went to ride it, tried to put it in gear and the bike shut off, like the stand was down.. so now, ive narrowed it down to that stupid sensor, anyone had problems with that dumb thing, have any ideas how to fix it or should i just buy a new sensor?

Old 03-21-2008, 08:10 AM

just bypass it