CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

lowering links

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 08:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lowering links

Wassup forum um ill be lowering my bike and I bought these dog bone lowering links and I was sent two links but from the stock set up it only looks lik only one has been used so my question is do I need both of them or did they send me a spare for some reason and they came with no directions on how to install em even tho its pretty obvious u just put the new one where the stock link goes an set in desired hole but just not sure so a little help please? Oh yea if anyone reads this and has lowered their 929 please take close pics and post so I can have a visual clue of how the hell the lowered set up should look! An I mean just some pics of the linkage set up itself not the whole bike lowered!

Old 03-09-2011, 11:23 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by lillon
Wassup forum um ill be lowering my bike and I bought these dog bone lowering links and I was sent two links but from the stock set up it only looks lik only one has been used so my question is do I need both of them or did they send me a spare for some reason and they came with no directions on how to install em even tho its pretty obvious u just put the new one where the stock link goes an set in desired hole but just not sure so a little help please? Oh yea if anyone reads this and has lowered their 929 please take close pics and post so I can have a visual clue of how the hell the lowered set up should look! An I mean just some pics of the linkage set up itself not the whole bike lowered!

If its the dog bone style you only need 1 to lower your bike. If it were the triangle side plates then you need 2. I purchased one of these for my 954 and have yet to install it. Looks to me if you set it in the stock position it will be very close to the rear tire. I only wanted one to lower the rear on days I go drag racing. Plus these are not easy to install. You have to remove the exhaust to get to the front allen bolt. Then the rear of the bike must be suspended to take all the weight off the swingarm. Then it still probably a two person job getting everything lined up. I may opt for the adjustable type dogbone so once its on the bike you can just loosen the lock nuts and turn the center nut to the desired height then tighten the lock nuts.

Old 03-10-2011, 07:16 AM

Actually they are pretty easy to install. I did them when I had them by myself. I just suspended the bike on the exhaust and left the exhaust on. It might be somewhat of a tight squeeze but can be done by one person with a wrench, ratchet, and socket.

Old 03-15-2011, 06:55 PM

I bought the $39.99 pair of dog bone lowering links and when i took the original one off i noticed their was a bearing pressed in it and the aftermarket ones dont have a bearing in it so i installed it and now the swing arm will not move at all! I know you lose some flex when you lower but shouldn't their be a bushing or bearing in the aftermarket ones? I used the spacer from the original one to make up for the space in the whole and used antisieze to lube it but the swingarm doesn't move at all so im worried I was sen't the wrong ones. are the bushings the golden holes that are oiled and you just cant see, they just move when the bike is being used?