CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

Looking to buy a power commander 3 usb for my 929... where should I get it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 07:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to buy a power commander 3 usb for my 929... where should I get it?

Looking for suggestions on where to get a pc3 usb. I am finding them all over online for $260ish + shipping. The best that I have found it for is for $249 shipped here: http://www.absolutecycle.com/STORE/i...product_id=311 Has anyone found any better? Also, isthis a reputable company? Anyone ever bought from them? I am a newb and don't know jack about getting what from where.

Any help would be appreciated.

Just got new Qualifiers front and back and a Speedohealer- the Power Commander will be the last mod that I will be doing on the bike for a long time. I have her scheduled to go into the shop this Monday Oct. 15thfor the mega maintenance (valve adjustment and all other major maintenance)package. I just bought the bike a month ago and am dropping a good share of loot on it now, willride for a bit more before storing the bike andthen I won't have to worry aboutany work onitwhen the spring kicks off.

Old 10-11-2007, 07:56 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Default RE: Looking to buy a power commander 3 usb for my 929... where should I get it?

honestly you could check ebay and your local craigslist too

Old 10-11-2007, 10:43 PM
Default RE: Looking to buy a power commander 3 usb for my 929... where should I get it?

just took mine off of the bike, selling mine for $200. one of the plug's housin is cracked a little but never had a problem with it unpluging or anything. let me know if you're interested before it goes on ebay.

Old 10-11-2007, 10:45 PM

Old 10-12-2007, 10:05 AM
Permanent ROTM Nominee
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

see that doesn't look like what he said he was looking for and I don't think that you would, on purpose anyways try to sell him what appears to be a serial port PCIII as a USB version? unless I'm not looking att the pictures correctly!

I got a serial port PCIII on ebay for $125

Old 10-12-2007, 08:32 PM

yea but he was offering his pc3 for sale.. never claiming it was usb.. who knows if its the righ tprice for the seller he might jump on it.. he might truly not care wether its usb or serial

Old 10-12-2007, 09:33 PM
Permanent ROTM Nominee

are you kidding me? I guess 12v_dub is a friend of yours and I struck a nerve but the poster clearly said he wanted a USB PCIII, and he also stated that the best price he has seen iÅŸ $249 shipped so do you think the poster would rather save $50 bucks and get a serial port vs the USB that he wanted and not get a warranty or have a PCIII with a crack in it vs a band spanking new one?

I don't know, I'd thnk I would just spend the extra $50 bucks.

lol

Old 10-12-2007, 10:10 PM

nope never met the guy just correcting and error on your part because you said that he was claiming it was a usb when clearly he never said anywhere there that it was a pc3 usb.

and the op could offer him lower and he could choose to accept it. 12v_dub had a product for sale and offered it up .

and as far as saving 50 bucks i agree with you i wouldnt but it for 200 personally (no offense 12v_dub) but most people who wont be tuning the pc themselves wouldnt know the difference between a usb or serial usb.. some only know about the usb version

Old 10-13-2007, 09:08 AM

hey , i just clicked on that link for the 249$ pcIII what is the difference in the street version and the race version?

Old 10-13-2007, 02:26 PM
Permanent ROTM Nominee

from what i understand, the street version doent allow you to make as many corrections in the lower part of the rpm band. i guess it like with these new bikes with emission regualtions and such i hear its better for california emission bikes but i dont know for sure.

as for the pc3 that 12vdub had for sale.

the original poster stated he wanted a usb, he said he had one, that would lead any reasonable person to beleive he had a USB one.

next, my comments were to educate a new member/ poster to the difference in the 2 so he wouldnt waist $200 bucks on something that he really didnt want!

everybody doesnt have to learn things the hard way.

Quick Reply: Looking to buy a power commander 3 usb for my 929... where should I get it?