CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

just bought first bike..929

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 11:18 PM
July 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hotbodies undertail man is sick... its two round lights in the back.... and the lock for the rear seat, gets moved on the bottom. My erion that I bought today allready had it on, I think it looks pretty sweet not going to lie

Old 05-14-2010, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by new929rider44077
no i hate stretched and lowered bikes...i just want to make it pretty... i put chrome on everything...trucks..cars... why not wheels for the bike...maybe a new windscreen...and a custome tail light..
JMO, ive had bling bikes and stock bikes, just like pimpin said, its a chit load of work to keep up scrome...that is a sweet ride u got, i promise you will have more time to ride by leaving it alone, concider the sliders like japan said. K.I.S.S. keep it simple and you wont regret it... but im kinda bias , im more of a purist to my CBRs. GL either way bud...

Old 05-14-2010, 07:39 AM

The chrome won't look so cool when your bike is face down in the ditch. Buy a steering damper.

Old 05-14-2010, 09:12 AM
July 2012 Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by 9lives
The chrome won't look so cool when your bike is face down in the ditch. Buy a steering damper.
lol thats messed up man... why do you assume hes going to crash just cuz its his first bike? you dont know his previous riding experience

Old 05-14-2010, 11:28 AM

not cool dude. You have 4 post and you are already bashing people. Take a step back, breath and maybe you SHOULD have said, head shake/ tank slap sucks and the front end of the 929/954 gets light under acceleration causing uncontrollable head shake/ tank slap and a steering damper would alleviate that. try offering advice instead of bashing it tends to get positive results by helping instead of being idiotic.

Old 05-14-2010, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by bubba_finch07
not cool dude. You have 4 post and you are already bashing people. Take a step back, breath and maybe you SHOULD have said, head shake/ tank slap sucks and the front end of the 929/954 gets light under acceleration causing uncontrollable head shake/ tank slap and a steering damper would alleviate that. try offering advice instead of bashing it tends to get positive results by helping instead of being idiotic.
and now that wood be 8 lives....

Old 05-15-2010, 03:54 PM

Not being a dick. Grab a tissue and chill. Just because i'm new to the forum doesn't mean i'm not entitled to my own opinion. Google cbr929rr reviews bud. They emphasize on how these motorcycles should have dampers. You asked for suggestions and that's mine. Considering I just layed my scooter down and almost died, I feel like that might something he should have on his 929 no matter what his experience level is. Forget the chrome. Go for function my friend!!! Everyone needs to relax, we're all riding the same roads and we all should be looking out for one another. My two cents.

Old 05-16-2010, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by bambam
and now that wood be 8 lives....
fyi *would not wood

Old 05-16-2010, 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by bubba_finch07
Not being a dick. Grab a tissue and chill. Just because i'm new to the forum doesn't mean i'm not entitled to my own opinion. Google cbr929rr reviews bud. They emphasize on how these motorcycles should have dampers. You asked for suggestions and that's mine. Considering I just layed my scooter down and almost died, I feel like that might something he should have on his 929 no matter what his experience level is. Forget the chrome. Go for function my friend!!! Everyone needs to relax, we're all riding the same roads and we all should be looking out for one another. My two cents.
First off I assure you I am VERY familiar with the 929/954, and yea I have a Scotts steering damper. Because I know from first hand experience how handy a steering damper can be. However as I stated above making a suggestion is one thing. Being a smart *** is another. If you go back and look at your first post I do believe you made reference to him being face down in a ditch. In which if you WOULD have read the statement above that I wrote before, it suggests that you should offer advise not be a dick; which is how you came off and we both agree that a steering damper is a good thing as do most of the people on this forum, but the ways you get your opinion off especially being a new addition to this website. It is important not to bash people. OFFER ADVICE! Bashing only starts arguing then a mod steps in and locks a perfectly good and helpful thread over nonsense. No disrespect, but my only problem was the way you came off in your first post. I assure you, you are not the only one here who has been in a near fatal wreck. And as you stated we should be looking out for each other, and not bashing each other. This would make the thread a lot better for everyone and there would be less arguing.
Finch

Old 05-16-2010, 02:49 PM

he was using tough love. but for real i just put a scotts on my 954 and night and day plus it gives me alot more confidence in the bike itself

Quick Reply: just bought first bike..929