CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

jardine, akrapovic or muzzy?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 07:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: jardine, akrapovic or muzzy?

I think you can add a Two Brothers full system later, tho you may want to check on that.

The Two Brothers are not annoyingly loud like a D&D. They sound good, not obnoxious.

Old 07-12-2006, 12:10 AM

The 2 bros is not too loud at all like Y2K said, I really like my sound. I know what you are saying with the D&D but a 2 bros is not nearly that loud. It is a really nice low rumble in the low RPM's but she will scream when you are full throttle in the upper RPM's. I have the black carbon look with yellow two bros writing on my yellow/black 929 and it looks PERFECT. And you can buy the header and mid pipe after you buy the slip on. They don't make you do it all at one time. Just let us know what you decide bro.

Old 07-12-2006, 12:19 AM

man, doesnt matter what you decide, i'd say you'd be pretty daam happy with having any of those options. any pipe is better than the stocker, first time you hear it, you'll be in love. let us nkow when you get it hooked up

Old 07-13-2006, 07:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i am bidding on a two brothers right now on ebay, a C5. if i can get it ill let you all know how it goes. if i dont get the two brothers, then i am going to get a power commander III, or a new undertail with integrated blinkers, or a steering damper, or fairings for the little road rash the previous owner did (in his garage with wet tires, had frame sliders on front porch =(. too many things that i want, but the wife and i are building a house right now so money is a little tight. working 3 jobs so i can have a little fun money. ill let you all know what happens with the exhaust and so forth, thanks for all the help. how much does a power commander cost?

Old 07-13-2006, 07:44 PM

I got a new on online for 269.00. If you search ebay, you can grab one for less.

Old 07-21-2006, 02:40 PM

I have a Jardine slip on mounted on my 929 and I disagree with one of the guy's above I love the sound and the performance was great. I didn't to get a powercommander or anything just bolt on and ride. I will say the only thing I don't like it that it is a bitch to keep shinny. if anyone has a tip for polish that would be great.

Old 07-26-2006, 04:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

alright, after a while of looking up what to get, i finally decided on two brothers c5 carbon fiber exhaust. it was a good buy, it was used for 1500 miles. so shipped to my door it was 190. well i just got done riding around and i love the sound of it and it looks kick ***. ill try to post some pics sometime soon. the only thing is that it didnt come with a mounting bracket, so ill be needing to get one of them. any clues where? thanks for all the response

Old 07-29-2006, 12:11 AM

ORIGINAL: cbrforum

I had a Jardine slip on on my '01 929 and hated it - it was very "tinny" sounding - I mean like it was in some cheap garbage can. I have a 954 now with a Two brothers slip on and absolutely love it - my buddies I ride with say the same thing. Two Brothers are a bit more than jardine, but then again so are all the other pipes but what a difference.

Hope this helps.
I agree 100% with the above poster. I currently have a Jardine slip-on and i think it is a piece of crap. It sounds like a 16-year olds 91 civic DX. i'm about to buy a micron, i think.

Old 07-29-2006, 01:13 AM

The Jardine isn't horrible IMO. My bike had a bolt-on from the previous owner and it's not horribly loud or obnoxious. I'm aiming for something different, but it's not because I don't like the can. As someone stated, it can be difficult to keep it pretty and shiney, but I'm looking for a carbon can like on my last bike.

On a side note and before I post it in the for sale section, I have a PC3 that I'll be willing to let go for $150 shipped. PM me if you're interested in that. It's the serial version and I have the serial to usb adapter.

Quick Reply: jardine, akrapovic or muzzy?