CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

jardine, akrapovic or muzzy?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 01:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default jardine, akrapovic or muzzy?

i am looking for feedback on any of the above exhausts. i am really looking at jardine or akrapovic, but i want more feedback before i make a decision. i bought a 01 929rr a few months ago and am just looking for a few upgrades. please help me out, thanks

Old 07-10-2006, 01:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: jardine, akrapovic or muzzy?

i acnt say i have any experiance with any of the brands you mentioned. what i can say is this, i have an 01 929 as well, in the erion racing colours, and its got a full arrows system. thats the only performance modification i have made and it makes a dyno proven 137bhp. it sounds awesome and it definately gets the results. if your after power, i suggest this, if you want your bike sounding like its on steroids, i suggest this.

are you looking at a slip on or a full system?

Old 07-10-2006, 01:19 AM

my favorite exhaust systems are arata and akrapovic. both really well made. there fit and finish is 2nd to none.

Old 07-10-2006, 01:22 AM

i have a mate with an akroprovic on his cbr, it does seem like a quality pipe, although, personally, i'm not as impressed by the sound it genertaes compared to that of the arrows, however bias i may be lol.

Old 07-10-2006, 11:45 AM

i want a full, but can only afford a bolt on or slip on. i really would like a bolt on and not a slip on.

i am going to have to check out that arrow system, sounds sweet!!!

Old 07-10-2006, 12:35 PM

I like slip-ons better then bolt-ons. with bolt-ons you just remove the stock canister and replace it with an aftermarket one, just looks kinda funny to me. slip-ons look like they could be full systems.

Old 07-10-2006, 10:32 PM

My friend has a Jardine on his cbr 1K and it sounds really good. I wish I would have bought one and the Jardines are ver nice for the price. I can get them for $230 from the Honda dealer for the race pipe. I have a micron and a D&D for my 929. The Micron makes mroe power but is a little weak on the sounds. The d&D just screams sounds really sweet but will annoy your friends but lets people know u are there which could save your life. My Bro has a full Akrapovic and IT is a nice pipe but pretty quiet. sounds kinda wimpy. My friends Muzzy sounds really nice and deep but its on a busa so on a 929 would probably sound much different. But If you were only going to buy a bolt on they can be costly check Ebay you can ususally get a full Muzzy for $560 which isnt much more than a new Akrapovic bolt on. Good luck

Old 07-11-2006, 12:30 PM

I have a 00 929 with a 2 bros bolt on and I LOVE it! From what I hear and talk to people about around where I live, out of the 3 that you listed everybody seems to love the Akrapovic. I think they sound nice and they seem to last a long time. But like I said, My 2 bros is a god sent for me. Not too loud and it has a bad *** low rumble to it. Let us know what you decide and how you like it!

Old 07-11-2006, 03:39 PM

I agree with Weeble1, I also have a Two Brothers slip on and it is great.

However, I have been considering a FULL exhaust lately. The best FULL System I think is a Micron. I have looked at dyno charts for many of the brands out there, and Micron is the only one I have seen that gives you an increase all the way accross the powerband with no drops below stock anywhere. Most full systems have an overall increase but you end up with a small drop in the low range somewhere, but not with the Micron.

In the end it all comes down to personal preferences. Like, what sound you like, looks, etc. I haven't known too many Muzzy fans, Jardine is a decent brand, but Akrapovic is one that you rarely hear bad things about. Of those three I would say Akrapovic.

Old 07-11-2006, 05:05 PM

i really like the carbon fiber look. i will start looking at the two brothers. i always heard that they were loud like a d&d. i had a d&d on my old bike and it was annoying! can you add on a full system later with two brothers? or do you have to buy a whole new canister? thanks

Quick Reply: jardine, akrapovic or muzzy?