CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

i need wiring help??????

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 01:32 AM
Permanent ROTM Nominee
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default i need wiring help??????

I need some wiring help?

I'm hooking up a 12v accessory and I want to splice into the headlight because I want the device to come on whenever the ignition s turned on like the lights do.

so I'm looking at the left bulb on the (if your sitting on the bike) and it has 2 wires, 1 green, and 1 white, which is the positive and which is the ground? that is if that is corect that one is positive and one is negative?

I also wish to do the same thing with the taillight

my bike has an intergrated L.E.D. taillight and I would just splice into the liscense plate light but it was cut off to took cleaner and I'm not sure where those wires are but if I could find then
1 is green, and 1 is brown&white, which is positive and which is ngative?

I think I might just run both from the rear liscense plate light (the devices are low energy users and won't be used all the time they will have on off switches as well) so can anyone tell me

which is
positive and which is negative?

Old 02-10-2007, 05:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: i need wiring help??????

According to the print, the headlight green is ground and the white is positive - but be advised that the power on the whiteis interrupted during engine start - if that matters to the "device" we're talking about.

For the license plate light, again the green is ground, the brown and white is positive. If the print is accurate, this power is live even during engine start ( I've never checked on mine ).

Old 02-10-2007, 06:44 PM
Permanent ROTM Nominee

thanks a lot for the help I wanted to run them to two separate connections to save on wiring but the headlight is a 12v but has 20 amps of out put but the others accessories only have 10 amps so I figured I'd use the one with the least chance of overloading my devices!

if I splice into an existing power supply do I need to run an inline fuse if ( for example the liscense light ) is already fused?

Old 02-11-2007, 02:44 AM

If the device came with a fuse that is of a lower value than the circuit you are splicing into, you should probably use the device's fuse to protect the device itself. Like you've pointed out, the headlamp fuse is 20 amps and the tail light/license plate lamp fuse is 10. Use the device's fuse (which I would guess is a lot lower than the heavy 10 and 20 amp fuses already in the circuits) and that way you can splice it into either circuit with confidence.

Old 02-11-2007, 06:16 PM
Permanent ROTM Nominee

thanks sisx929 for the information!

I know I didn't say what exactly what I was doing because I didn't want any replies like that won't work. but it does and its pretty pimp.

so for anyone that wondered what I was working on well.........
I hooked up a color monitor and a rear-view camera on my bike.

I used the power from the liscense plate light seeing I know longer have that light (the wire where as you said sisx929 )

the hardest part was trying to figure out where I was going to mount the monitor which ended up beside the tacomete on the right raim-air cover ( the monitor is about 3x3 and about 1/2 inch thick.
and I mounted the camera on the bottom of the liscense plate.

they cut on when the ignition is turned on and off when the ignition is turned off

the only problem I have with the system is that since the monitor receives its signal via blu-tooth its subject to interference from other wireless devices.

but its mind like if you ever turned the micrwave on when your t.v.'s were hooked to an antenna, lol

Old 02-12-2007, 12:49 AM

Does the manufacturer for the camera/monitor have a website? Sounds like it's worth a look.

Old 02-12-2007, 09:07 PM

any super walmart sells the 3x3 camera/monitor setup for $99 and installation is so easy a caveman can do it.the hardest part about the whole setup is finding a place for the monitor that dosent look tacky.

Old 02-13-2007, 12:53 AM
Permanent ROTM Nominee

your right its pretty simple, I'm still working on that monitor position though. lol

Old 02-13-2007, 08:45 PM
Permanent ROTM Nominee
Old 02-13-2007, 10:03 PM

I almost like it, I'm sure with the right tools you could fabricate a nice bracket for it to mount to the stem or on the lower stay. (from the screen I didn't see a garage behind your bike so I'm guessing you don't have one.) Nothing is permenant, but it works the way it is.

Quick Reply: i need wiring help??????