CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

How to???????

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 09:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to???????

hey guys , and teachs, lol jk y2k , wondering if anyone could tell me how to winterize my bike for this winter, i got the fuel additive, how & what else should i be doing to get it ready for winter??? thanks again guys, your the best

Old 11-12-2006, 02:50 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: How to???????

honestly, everyone has their own opinions....ive only one done one thing to all my bikes....no fuel additive, etc....every 2-3 weeks, i start it up and if it isnt too bad out, i go for a whip around the block.....no problems yet.

Old 11-12-2006, 12:46 PM

That has worked for me for years, however last year I wasnt religious about starting it and it did run like **** in the spring for the first tank of gas. After that it was fine. Most people, add stabil or what ever your choice of fuel stabilizer is, top off the tank, change oil/filter, pull the battery out and put it on a batter tender or similar device, (some add a drop of oil in the cylinders and put the plugs back in). That is about it. Wash it, lube and clean chain. I dont do all this stuff, but that is what most recommend. I put in stabil this year and start it every once in a while and put a battery tender on the battery in the bike, that is all I do.

Old 11-25-2006, 07:40 PM

hey guys another ? on getting the bike ready for winter, when doing maint. on the chain can you give me specific detail on how to keep it good

Old 11-25-2006, 07:41 PM

hey guys another ? on getting the bike ready for winter, when doing maint. on the chain can you give me specific detail on how to clean and lube the chain, any help appreciated thanks guy's

Old 12-02-2006, 03:06 AM

In my opinion unless there is ice on the road the bike should be ridden twice a week. If it's just down the street to pick up a pack of smokes or b.s.ing with the neighbor. Make sure it runs for a min of 10 minutes at operating temperature. If riding it all winter is not an option and it must be parked, fill the tank all the way and add your fuel stabilizer and place the bike on stands (front and rear) remove the battery and place it in the house so it stays out of the elements. When it comes time to shake the dust off of your ride, remove the tank and drain the fuel. It may seem like a waste of money but it'll save you in the longrun. Refill the tank with 92+, place the battery on a trickle charger over night and ride the next day. The chain should be well lubed before calling it quits for the season and is easy to coat once it is on the stands.

Old 12-02-2006, 08:39 PM

lol i live in iowa theres lots of snow and lots of ice sucks, but appreciate the help, ill go get me some bike stands, any good place to gets some cheap stands???? thanks again

Old 12-02-2006, 11:05 PM

I got a set of lockhart phillips stands from my shop but I just pait dealer cost. If you don't have kids running wild in your garage you can get a set of stands on e-bay for $100.

Old 12-04-2006, 04:03 PM

ORIGINAL: blown hemi

lol i live in iowa theres lots of snow and lots of ice sucks, but appreciate the help, ill go get me some bike stands, any good place to gets some cheap stands???? thanks again

If you go with the vortex stands, be sure to get the spacer that they make for the 929 seens how the rear swing arm is offset. I bought the vortex stands and the spacer didn't come with it so I had to get it. Harris makes a set, and a company called handy. They do the job and the rear is offset to make up for the swing arm differences. They cost less than 100 bucks for front and rear.

Old 12-04-2006, 04:12 PM

Anyone know how thick that offset spacer is?