CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

Hi-Flo filter??

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 07:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi-Flo filter??

Last week I call in an order for spring tune up to Atlanta Cycle(in Alabama). Guy is real nice, shouldn't be a prob getting anything if it isn't on the shelf. Well I get the order this week and of course its different and not there. No oil period. They sent a Hi-flo oil filter instead of the K&N I ordered. Anyone use these,looks cheap to me and for 6$ I can use it for a spit can. Also sent NGK-CR9HIX-9 plugs. I had CR9EHIX9 plugs written down.Note the "E". Does this mean anything, typo, what's the correct NGK plug? I probably got my number off an old post. They did get the K&N air filter right. 1 out of 4 is a start. I don't want to bad mouth them, like I said he was real nice and had some good prices. I assume there just getting into business or home grown. Why I am at it, where do you all order from when it's oil and filters? Lots of companies I see have accessories but not these. I wanted Amsoil, but settled for Castrol R4 because I couldn't find anyone with Amsoil. This is my first oil change in this bike so I'll want to use whatever for the duration and be easy to get.------I do want to say I ordered a PCIII from Hard Racing, got it in 2 days, mapped. I also ordered a rear stand from another company,got it, had a broken weld on it. No problem, I welded it up and made it stronger. Do you all ever worry about these things collapsing and dropping the bike?? THX in advance. Craig

Old 02-23-2008, 01:05 PM
Default RE: Hi-Flo filter??

My info says CR9EHIX-9 is the correct plug. I probably wouldn't risk installing those other plugs. I'd say its a shippers mistake. Also, I hate to tell you, but if you're putting a K&N air filter in your 929, you're actually doing more harm than good. It's been dyno proven time and time again that the K&N air filters actually reduces power in the 929. The factory filter or BMC is the only way to go. If you run a search you can probably find alot of info on the forum, probably some of it including dyno charts. If not, try fireblades.org .

Cheers!

Old 02-23-2008, 04:47 PM

wow... thats the first ive heard on the k&n filter... is this true, even if you have a pcIII and its mapped with the filter??? Cause if not, im buying a new filter b4 the season starts!

Old 02-24-2008, 06:54 PM

Even if you have a pcIII, it makes no difference. The K&N just plain sucks. I'm actually quite surprised that nobody else has piped up on this one yet.

Here's some reference material and general discussion:

http://www.cbr929rr.com/airfilter.htm

http://www.fireblades.org/forums/hon...ter-929-a.html

Old 02-24-2008, 07:22 PM

I beleive he's talkin bout the oil filter....

Old 02-24-2008, 08:10 PM

I am really surprised too nobody jumped right on this. I am new to the 929 as of last August and try not to ask q's I kind find on previous posts. So when I was a little concerned about the sht I got from this co. I thought how easy should it be to ask and get answer. I am talking about the air and the oil filter. The oil filterthey sent me was a Hiflo which I asked to send a K&N. I also ordered a K&N air filter, would rather have the BM, but n the essence of money, sacrificed for the K&N figuring it to be at least better then the stock. I have not read the post on the K&N vs. the others, and THX for the links, i will. My biggest concern is the plugs. I will scratch the air and oil filter and get others if I think it is best for the bike. If I was to put in 8-up plugs it would screw me big, so before I do I want to be sure they are right. No manual either, but downloaded it so will see what it says. THX for the input.

Old 02-24-2008, 08:48 PM

Just read the posts, and yep now I remember reading them way back. Opened the plugs and they are CR9EHIX-9's so good to go. I am going to put them in and the K&N air and hope the PCIII makes up the diff for now. Guess I'll just go to the Honda store and get the oil and filter. Still not sure about the Hiflo. If the butt dyno feels a drop, I'll trash the K&N for OEM. Guess thats why the map is for stock or K&N filter. I just looked at the bike and see no screwdriver marks on the fairing screws. Maybe never been off, 11,000mi, so maybe performance is lacking to start. Bad *** to me but we'll see. THX Eckl and Pyro. Pyro we got to meet up in G-ville sometime.

BTW Joker, the King vs. R.McD is awesome. Where do I download that?

Old 02-24-2008, 09:03 PM

top secret,hehe,And the K&N Air Filter is bad for the 929,makes lower HP.I use the Oil filter though thats ok.I dunno know bout the Plugs Bro......Sorry.....

Old 02-24-2008, 09:06 PM

Download the manual here.......... http://respect.netsons.org/929_Shop_Manual.zip ................It Should help ya.....

Old 02-24-2008, 09:36 PM

g-ville sounds great! im always down for meetin new riders, esp. fellow 929 lovers. Hit me up with a pm, and let me know whats up. Im still waitin to get mine back from paint, and get all the insurance and that crap taken care of b4 i can ride, but once its done, we will get up for sure....my company shut down right after i got the 929 so i havent had the funds to get the paper work taken care of, and i sent it in for paint b4 i knew we were closin so i kinda screwed myself! ( o yeah, ill def. get some pics up when i get it back from paint)

Quick Reply: Hi-Flo filter??