CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

Headlight/running light problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 08:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight/running light problem

Hi I'm putting my2000 929RRback together to be street legal cause I have been tracking it for the past couple years. I have all the running lights and turn signals working but when I went to install the headlight it came on, then when I switched it to High beem the headlight went out and the dash running light and turn signals all stopped working. The rear tail light, brake, and marker lights still work. Any ideas whats wrong? Also checked fuses and they were good and even put new fuses to be sure....

Any help would be much appreciated.[:'(]

Old 04-12-2008, 05:47 AM
Default RE: Headlight/running light problem

That one is kinda wierd... Hmm...

I can't exactly see how this would effect everything like that... but check the START BUTTON. When you press the start button it turns off power to the headlight, and I believe the instrument cluster to give all available electricity to the starter. If one of the 4 leads in the right hand grip gauge assembly has failed, it may do what your problem is. If you can, manually close the circuit with metal wire / alagator clips to make sure the switch is infact working.

When I did my rebuild... if I hit the front brake lever... my left blinker would lock on lol. So wierder things have in fact happend.

Below is a wiring diagram. I can get it put up a bit bigger, and have a color version if you need. Hope this helps.

Old 04-12-2008, 09:58 AM

Thanks pixel, im going to give a few things a try, as of right now the following are still working:
rear running light
rear marker running lights
rear brake light from brake pedal
rear brake light from front brake lever.

Also another wierd thing was my buddy pressed the horn button and everything came back to life and then we tried the headlight again and it killed it all again. My horn also works regardless of whether I take the instrument, horn fuse out as well. Is that normal?[&:]

Old 04-12-2008, 10:22 AM

Actually thinking about it, it sounds like a grounding issue. Is there a ground for the front end somewhere? Where is it normall located?