CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

FINALLY got some numbers

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 02:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FINALLY got some numbers*updated*

okay i got had some time yesterday to finally go through the dyno computer and sort out the runs of my bike
i have them in order from stock until now
the first graph shows
run 7- old leo vince slip on
run 17-m4 muffler welded to cun down stock mid pipe
run 21-hindle\m4 custom full system
run26-all of the above with power commander and custom tune
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1.../929GRAPHS.jpg

the second graph show
run 52-BMC race filter
run 74-954 cams
run 87-954 throttle bodies
run 119-954 air box (just from yesterday afternon)
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...GRAPHSCONT.jpg

keep in mind all of these pulls where done on different days and conditions so, it is what it is. I'm just doing this so everyone has an idea of what to expect from each mod and i show the runs that mad the most peak HP which doesn't mean the A\F is right just made the most power.
I ran into some tuning problems after doing the 954 stuff but have it sorted out now just have to do a couple more pulls to make sure the tune is good before i spray it
no nitrous yet i got screwed on one of the fittings i was waiting on so next week is it for sure ;-}
Hope this helps some
i will keep everyone posted

I'm selling my old BMC race air filter also maybe 200 miles on it let me know if interested

Last edited by rep929; 05-28-2009 at 01:17 PM.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:55 PM

hey thanks for taking the time to post the runs and numbers. it kinda lets me know what to expect from any mods. im down in colorado springs and hope to get my 00 929 on the dyno and tuned next week. i was gonna do it this week but the weather kinda put that on hold. i have a full hindle exhaust, bmc race filter, flapper mod, pcIIIr, and the guy i got if from said he had cams put in it but he couldnt show any paperwork so i dont know. i hope to hit the 130 rwhp mark. and for being at 6500 feet elevation thats not bad at all.

Old 04-19-2009, 08:05 PM

yeah the snow has put a hold on things at the shop for me also
and of course it's nice today and the bike is apart but all in time i guess.
130 sounds doable with what you got, cams or not.

do you have a PC ?

Old 04-19-2009, 10:13 PM

yeah i have a pc. and yeah the weather was awsome today. its supposed to be great all this week.

Old 04-20-2009, 04:04 AM

yeah sounds about right for way up here !
you dont know for sure if your bike has some sort of cams in it ?
be pretty interested to see what it does let us know for sure
where are you going to get it done ?
i hope the weather holds out this week going to try to ride a bit Tuesday and got a race in junction Sunday,

Old 04-20-2009, 09:35 AM

yeah im not for sure if it has cams or not. the guy i bought it from said he put some in it at 7000 miles and the bike now has 13500. but he couldnt show any paperwork or anything. so maybe he did or maybe he was just trying to make the bike sell faster and for more money by saying that there are race cams in it. but i dont know, maybe when i get it dynoed i will have a better idea if it has them in it or not. and i have one of the pcIIIr's so maybe i can tweek it a little bit more since i can play with the timming too. im getting it done down here in the springs at a place called jackel motorsports. kinda small shop but the guys are awsome and know their stuff.

Old 04-20-2009, 11:37 AM

you'll know by the numbers it puts down weather it has cams or not.
as far as the ignition thing I personally haven't had much luck with them, a few weeks ago we had a new busa come through with pc ignition box on it, we played with it for a while just to see I put 6* of timing in it and did nothing. i just never had much luck with them but haven't had trouble with them either, it's just me though kinda thought about trying one but not a cheap thing to just try you know.
post up some numbers when you get em
and way to support the small shop ! good for you. it's usually the small shops that are full of the guys that have a clue on what there doing.

Old 04-20-2009, 02:47 PM

yeah i will keep you updated. it is a great shop they are also gonna put on some mounts so i can put spools on the rear so i can use my stand.

Old 04-20-2009, 06:19 PM

i found an easy solution to that problem but the parts are on back order like everything else i've ordered this year

http://www.supermotoengineering.com/home.php
SME makes axle blocks for a 954 and instead of getting the sliders they make a plastic spool option. well the spools showed up right away but not the axle blocks. I get all my sliders for my SM race bike from these guys, they are a little pricey but worth it for sure good quality stuff

Old 04-21-2009, 09:00 PM

hey thanks for all of the advice and help. maybe we will run into each other one day?

Quick Reply: FINALLY got some numbers