CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

E-bay Painted fairings from Hong Kong

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008 | 10:14 PM
T2
Default E-bay Painted fairings from Hong Kong

Need a little advice here......has anyone ever purchase or dealt with the fairing sets that are on E-bay coming from Hong Kong? Here is a link. Want to buy new fairing set but a little weary of these. Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Old 03-29-2008 | 10:18 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Default RE: E-bay Painted fairings from Hong Kong

i bought a set from a guy who bought it from a seller like the one you linked too. it was abs plastic and the fitment was awesome. i've heard all the horror stories and i was worried but now i am very happy with the results.

Old 03-29-2008 | 10:50 PM
T2

Thanks, that puts my mind at ease a little.

Old 03-29-2008 | 11:06 PM

ORIGINAL: HAVOC

i bought a set from a guy who bought it from a seller like the one you linked too. it was abs plastic and the fitment was awesome. i've heard all the horror stories and i was worried but now i am very happy with the results.
how close was the color?

Old 03-30-2008 | 12:48 AM

well i actually got a konica minolta race replica set and the color is amazing! the blue is such a awesome shade it really impressed me

this is a really bad camera phone pix im hoping tomorrow thw eather will be nice enough for some good photos

Old 03-30-2008 | 01:26 AM
Banned

Hey Havoc - you rock out without the rear pegs too? Lol, I didn't intend to do so, but I had my pegs off for doing the LED signals, forgot they were off and took off one day. Got about 30 miles from home and realized I had no exhaust bracket, lol. It's purdy sturdy though...

Fairings look good - question for ya... did the upper have ALL the tabs in place or just for the headlight? The fiberglass one I've got only has the headlight mounts(4).

Old 03-30-2008 | 01:28 AM
Banned

Are those T-Rex sliders?

Old 03-30-2008 | 02:29 AM

ORIGINAL: HAVOC

well i actually got a konica minolta race replica set and the color is amazing! the blue is such a awesome shade it really impressed me

this is a really bad camera phone pix im hoping tomorrow thw eather will be nice enough for some good photos

i was thinking you had the stock colors, thats looks pretty good though. i still want the 2000 yellow/blk, i think that was one of the best colors ever put on a bike. btw what did you do with your old body work?

Old 03-30-2008 | 01:00 PM

one of my buddies got a set from ebay and they fit real well i looked into getting new but then i seen shipping costs and freaked lol

Old 03-30-2008 | 04:06 PM

KID- since the picture was taken i've put the rear pegs back on and i've chopped the exhaust down as well. and i have no idea what brand these sliders are, they came on the bike what i bought it. also as far as the mounting brakets they had all of them (the headlight and the air tube covers)

Bravehart- i actually just sold my old pieces to a member on here for $80. front cowl, front hugger, both mids and both lowers and tail as well as an extra damaged mid and lower. they were the yellow and black too but i painted them white cause personally i didnt like the color.

if i had to go back to oem colors it would be the red/white

Quick Reply: E-bay Painted fairings from Hong Kong