CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

Dies in gear

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 08:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dies in gear

Most people would say the KS safety switch or the clutch safety switch. I'll say ALL of my safety switches are disconnected. I have retraced every single safety switch just in case, and this isnt the problem. The bike makes a hard clank when going into gear now, and it dies instantly. I'm thinking the clutch just went out all of a sudden. Because when i shift to 1st, its like the bike is trying to shift without the clutch lever being pulled in...Any more ideas...=-)

Old 09-05-2007, 01:40 AM
Default RE: Dies in gear

Broken clutch cable? Is your clutch coming back when you pull on it and release it?

BTW I dont think anyone on here is stupid, but the stupid question always have to be asked first when trying to diagnose.

Old 09-05-2007, 02:31 AM

Yeah clutch is disingaging just like normal.....Jus dunno wtf is up with tit...=-)

Old 09-05-2007, 11:11 AM

My bet is still the clutch. Pull the side of the engine off and check it out. I can change a clutch in 45 mins. If you are mechanically inclined you can have the clutch apart and inspecting it in less than an hour for sure.

Old 09-05-2007, 02:15 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

my buddy on his 04 1krr had the same problem after he wrecked it.. he needed to bleed the hydrolic clutch lines... now since the 929 isnt hydrolic this wont be your problem/solution but it gives you an example

did something happen to your bike before this started to happen ?

Old 09-05-2007, 02:28 PM

Nah nothing happened to the bike. I was actually riding it for about an hour or 2. Then i got off the bike at my house and let it sit for about 45mins. Got back on the bike and was pulling out the driveway when it killed in gear....The bike has never given me any problems at all. And IF its the clutch, it never gave me any warnings. No slips no nothing....I find it kinda crazy that the clutch goes out without ever giving any problems. But i cant think of anythng else it can be. I've checked everything i can possibly think of.....Is there any relays that will make the bike kill in gear, IF the relay is bad?...=-)

Old 09-05-2007, 02:36 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

your bank angle sensor or kick stand switch is all i can think of

Old 09-07-2007, 12:21 AM

ORIGINAL: HAVOC

your bank angle sensor or kick stand switch is all i can think of
Yeah every safety feature thats on the bike is disconnected and the bike has ran fine since i disconnected them. Just has my mind boggling over wtf it can be. Even though it definately acts like the Kick Stand safety switch and i know for sure i've looked those wires over 500 different times in the past 3 days...+=-)

Old 09-07-2007, 05:00 PM

it is your kick stand switch...on the 929 they have been known to come un plugged...pull the seat and look for a it to be unpluged..i bet ya 50 cents thats what it is

Old 09-07-2007, 10:21 PM

ORIGINAL: 1FAST929

it is your kick stand switch...on the 929 they have been known to come un plugged...pull the seat and look for a it to be unpluged..i bet ya 50 cents thats what it is
I have done that, i have always had those 2 wires at the plug twisted together to bypass the switch. I also tried jumping the wires together from the ECU side....Still no go....=-)

Quick Reply: Dies in gear