CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

To chrome or not to chrome

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 12:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: To chrome or not to chrome

WOW she is gorgeous! Man, I love everything about that bike. Very very [sm=bling.gif] I like chrome too, super easy to clean, polished drives me crazy!

Old 03-17-2008, 08:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, the bike does look really good! By chance, did you buy that bike from a guy off of ebay?? I think it was posted on there a while back.

Old 03-17-2008, 05:33 PM

no offense but isnt that the bike from ebay that we were all talking about how high the price was.think it was like 10 or 11 grand.sure is a stunning ride though

Old 03-17-2008, 06:09 PM
Banned

I had a buddy just sell his chromed out Erion at Daytona for $12,500.

It was also a 3K mile bike.

Old 03-17-2008, 07:41 PM
Permanent ROTM Nominee
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for 8k you can get my unchromed ERION not a 3k miler but less than 7k miles, lol

that is a nice bike though, almost too petty to take a chance of rashing it on the streets.

how much did it set you back?

it definitely takes the Erion theme to a whole new level!

now all you need is all the internal erion components.

I like the black frame of the ERIONS and yours lacks that, is it a genuine erion or is it a kit cart bike!?

Old 03-18-2008, 12:37 AM

ORIGINAL: bignibb
I like the black frame of the ERIONS and yours lacks that, is it a genuine erion or is it a kit cart bike!?
Wow nibb, us Erion owners gotta stick together bro. I thought it was pretty obvious that the frame's not black anymore, but thanks for pointing that out for all the BLIND people in the house [sm=yikesomg.gif]... and if it will help you sleep better at night the VIN is that of a TRUE Erion 929. Also only the Erions had a white rear shock. Actually I will point out that the subframe where the trunk is at is still blacked-out as well as some parts of the frame where you can't get to without droppin the motor out and taking the bike apart. You'd never see 'em tho as 99% of the parts that can be chromed or polished have been done. So if the words you were searching for were "one-of-a-kind", then I'm with ya on that.

With that said, I won't lie... I was lookin for a blacked-out Erion 929 with white wheels. I found one a little over a year ago for about $7000. It had like 5000mi, RaceTech front forks, a BOS undertail exhaust, and the white wheels just to name a few. Problem was that it was in FL and I didn't have the money to make it happen at the time. Don't get me wrong I'm diggin nibb's, but that Erion put his to shame. Of course it could just be his kilo-pixel camera from 1995. Naw I'm j/p. Seriously tho, most bikes have black frames now a days so that's not an Erion-only thing. This thread is titled "to chrome or not to chrome" so I thought I'd help out anyone who was thinkin about takin the plunge with chroming or polishing. Jackin it with irrelevant questions probably isn't necessary. That is all.

Another Bad-*** Erion...
Name:  45_3.jpg
Views: 2575
Size:  80.1 KB
[What 7G's can get ya.]

Old 03-18-2008, 11:44 AM

I think that his remarksare beingtaken out of context. I don't think he was putting it down. But there has been a lot of work done to the bike so someone could easly buy some plastics and throw them on. I had the same question on weather it was the bike on ebay for 11-12K? I don't know if you have been to the forum before but usually everyone is cool and it is so easy to take things out of context when they are written on the internet. [sm=partyparty.gif]Nice bike man!

Polish or chrome if you have some stuff polished or powdercoat it you have no polish or chrome on the bike.

Old 03-18-2008, 04:08 PM

I hear ya Evan. I think I might have taken his last comment a little personal and out of context. I don't think it added anything to the thread suggesting it may be a "kit" bike and not a real Erion because of all the mods. It's basically a theme bike taken to the next level just like I've seen people do with the Repsol 1000RR. It may be a little faster and more powerful then most 929's, but that's because of the performance mods. For those who don't know, the Erion package was a $1000 upgrade in the looks dept to commemorate the Erion Racing victories of 2000. Underneath all the show, it's still a 929. Though it is a limited edition 929 to be totally correct. You could only get the plastics from Honda if you could prove that your VIN was an original Erion. We won't even talk about the knock-offs tho as they're a dead give-a-way.

As far as if the bike's been on eBay... IDK. A good friend of mine got me in contact with this kid who was sellin an Erion and I could tell the first time I talked to him on the phone that he was a fanatic about the bike. I mean it was babied and well taken care of and kept it in his living room! Sure I may have paid more than a regular or stock 929, but more times than not you get what you pay for. For a bike that's got close to $20K in it, I got my money's worth. There's still mods to do tho like SS brake lines and most important an alarm system lol. Until she stops purrin like a kitten, internal Erion motor parts will have to wait. If you wanna know more, I got a thread goin on in the new members area... Hello From NE Ohio (Pics)

Didn't mean to take over the topic tho, so "to chrome or not to chrome"... that is the question. [sm=pimp.gif]

Old 03-18-2008, 07:10 PM

[sm=smiley20.gif]

After thinking about it...I'd say chrome.

Old 03-18-2008, 08:08 PM
Permanent ROTM Nominee
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow after 4 days on the forum,he's already an expert. lol

the reason i asked if it was a real "erion" is because there are alot of cases where people just like the color scheme and order the plastics from japan.

yeah its a nice bike and the guy you bought it from put alot of work and time and money into it, besides those front turn signals its rather nice. i really dont know why he didnt get what he was asking for it when he had it on E-bay, probally was just waiting for the right "person" to come along.

i know their are alot of bike that have black frames and with white wheels now, but that was'nt my point. my point was why buy the erion packaged bike that came with the black frame and black swing arm and that beautiful plastic package and then chrome over what makes it what it is?[sm=rant.gif]

not that is a nice bike that you posted up with the undertail exhaust and custom tail section.
i believe he goes by the name PIZZABOY or something like that matter of fact his was the reason that i wanted to do my wheels white, and their is nothing chome on his bike.
bit at least it has an alarm, what their like 3 may 4 hundred dollars?

now i was tryuing to be an A$$ before but im making an honest effort this time. your right about one thing, my camera does suck but id rather be riding my bike than taking good ole quality pictures of what it looks like sitting still.

i was wrong, your right about 2 things. this tread is called "To chrome or not to chrome" but what information do you really have to offer on the subject? you brought you show quality Erion that way and your reaping all the admiration for someones elses imagination and inovation.

but there is one thing that i didnt know and ill have to check with someone other than you that owns an Erion edition because i didnt know that they came with whitespring and the others didnt, because my Erion has a yellow spring!

but honestly, i like everything he did with the bike except for the turn signals, the front seat, and the rear tire hugger. the front looks good and goes along with the color scheme well the rear seam out of place, the color thats flow in with the rest of the scheme and that seat is just A$$ ugly.

but thats just my opinion

Quick Reply: To chrome or not to chrome