CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

Brand new stator and R/R but still no charge

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2011 | 10:37 PM
|
Default Brand new stator and R/R but still no charge

nstalled the new R/R and charged and filled the battery with fluids. installed the battery and R/R in place, started the bike, and voltage is 12.82 really low i would say, I installed a brand new stator last week from this date, rode once (sunday) died on me sunday night when i got home so i thought its the R/R battery is semi new, i really dont know what else is going on, im ready to kick this POS bike really,

About testing the R/R and Stator, Im not sure if im even doing it right thats why i try to post videos instead but no one seems to respond, im really clueless, im thinking of removing the stator and check it, and return it for warranty.

really guys, help me out, prior on testing the electrics, im confused. really i need help, im despereate.

Pictures or videos will help out alot , As in ALOT.
thanks yall!

Old 10-01-2011 | 09:12 AM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM

did you check all of the fuses? i don't have my shop manual in front of me at the moment, but the main fuses are outside of the fuse box somewhere. the owners manual has a diagram. also, make sure your connections are good for the stator and regulator. did you replace the battery? load test it. a battery with a bad cell wont charge.
keep in mind, the stator or regulator being bad can short the other out. i usually replace both as a set.