CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

929 stands

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 09:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 929 stands

I need to know all about stands for my 929. I feel like a complete dong, because I've never had one, nor have I ever seen one. Do I need spools, do I need to drill, Which stand will fit my bike. Please help, Sites or reading material, or just spoon feed me the info. Thanks you guys, I know I can count on you, Sprout

Old 12-28-2005, 11:15 AM
Retired Mod
Default RE: 929 stands

the 929's have an offset swingarm. universal stands will work but your bike will lean and look like its falling over. i was not comfortable with this and bought a stand with the 929 specific adapter. works great but i paid too much. your best bet is to find which stand you like and either call or email the company and ask them if it will work with your bike. and you do not need to drill and add spools to your swingarm. some people choose to do this, i didn't because once you drill the hole is always there. whether its in the right spot or not. the stands that lift up on the swingarm work fine. there are quite a few sponsors on here and im sure some of them sell stands. talk to them and see what they have to say. good luck

Old 12-28-2005, 02:00 PM

Thanks alot NINE. I'll have to do some searching while I'm getting paid, uh I mean at work,(cough).

Old 12-29-2005, 12:28 PM

I have to get a stand as well. I am going to get the pit bull stand with adapter for my 929. I have used pit bull stands on my other motorcycles and am very happy with the way they perform. Pit bull also sells and adapter for their stand specifically made for the 929. Good luck.

http://pit-bull.com/

Old 12-29-2005, 12:33 PM

the pit bull front stand is nice to....really works good...

Old 12-29-2005, 10:25 PM

with respect to nine2nine, I disagree. I believe the stands he is talking about are the universal ones that are usually a rubber pad that goes under your swingarm. IMO, those suck. I had them on my R6 and if they would get wet when I washed it, the bike would slide back on those rubber pads and the tire would be touching the ground making it a bitch to clean my wheel/chain. if you plan on using the stand a lot, do it the right way and get spools. when your bike is on a spooled stand, it doesn't move. much better than universal. I just got my 929 and plan on drilling holes, tapping them to the thread of the spools I put on, and having them welded on. they are permanent.

on a side note, I think Honda sucks *** for (1) making a bike with an offset swingarm and (2) not including welded on tabs for the spools to screw right into like came on my R6. </rant>

Old 12-29-2005, 10:44 PM
Retired Mod

ORIGINAL: ibkevman

with respect to nine2nine, I disagree. I believe the stands he is talking about are the universal ones that are usually a rubber pad that goes under your swingarm. IMO, those suck. I had them on my R6 and if they would get wet when I washed it, the bike would slide back on those rubber pads and the tire would be touching the ground making it a bitch to clean my wheel/chain. if you plan on using the stand a lot, do it the right way and get spools. when your bike is on a spooled stand, it doesn't move. much better than universal. I just got my 929 and plan on drilling holes, tapping them to the thread of the spools I put on, and having them welded on. they are permanent.

on a side note, I think Honda sucks *** for (1) making a bike with an offset swingarm and (2) not including welded on tabs for the spools to screw right into like came on my R6. </rant>
no disrespect taken. and i totally agree that spools are better than the universal. they cannot move, but then again my bike has never moved on the stand. if there were tabs i would definately have spools but i am not ready to drill into my swingarm. if you mess up, you're screwed. just my opinions. i am just very vocal when it comes to stands because i was uninformed when i bought my first stand and it would not work on my bike. just trying to help people out.

Old 01-14-2006, 10:29 AM

I bought a set of Hindle stands with the 929 adaptor kit,nice sturdy stands ,well made. Just another option out there for the 929

Old 01-15-2006, 02:54 AM

you can get some handy industries stands for your 929rr for $99 for the set.

http://www.handyindustries.com/shop/manuals_reviews.asp

Old 06-13-2021, 04:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Personal experience

Originally Posted by NINE2NINE
no disrespect taken. and i totally agree that spools are better than the universal. they cannot move, but then again my bike has never moved on the stand. if there were tabs i would definately have spools but i am not ready to drill into my swingarm. if you mess up, you're screwed. just my opinions. i am just very vocal when it comes to stands because i was uninformed when i bought my first stand and it would not work on my bike. just trying to help people out.
Like most people asking questions, until yesterday I hadn't a clue about paddock stands. I checked online stores, asked others for advice and read reviews for different stands. I finally bit the bullet and bought the Oxford premium (I don't work for Oxford products nor have I any financial interests in them!). It took less than 5 minutes to assemble and a couple of minutes to set the cups to the correct width. (Yes, rubber-coated cups!!!)
Some of the reviews I read had mentioned the need for help because trying to fit the stand to the bike while holding the bike upright was almost impossible. I can honestly say I found it easy enough. What did turn out to be tricky was locking the front wheel as the only place I can work on the bike is a10% incline. I've read about the offset swing arm but I don't think it's that much of an issue. Hopefully this will help some of the undecided...

Last edited by Iany929; 06-13-2021 at 04:11 AM. Reason: To make the reply relevant to the post

Quick Reply: 929 stands