CBR 900RR 1993 - 1999 Honda CBR 900RR

Where the HECK do these plastics go!? 96 CBR900rr

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 07:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where the HECK do these plastics go!? 96 CBR900rr

Well, can't seem to figure it out... I beleive their called upper inner fairings. The one on the Right side covers the fuses. Theirs three holes on this thing, two go in smooth and the hole on the bottom (almost like a flap dosen't match up with anything. Both sides don't match up. It's aggrivating me because the open hole or not secure flap causes the inner fairing to look out of place and sloppy...
It almost looks like it's suppose to fall in place with the lower fairing bolt or screw, but when I try that it becomes too forced and looks out of shape...
By the way the bike was dropped several times by the dumb *** I bought it from, because it was to heavy for him. I've had to tighten up the fairings and replace nuts and bolts that were broken or missing. If anyone can help, THANX!

Old 04-30-2010, 08:12 PM
Default aggravating

what you are faced with can be VERY aggravating. my bike had benn flipped over backwards and repaired/rigged by an idiot.... its still not perfect as i need an upper mirror stay, but what i did was remove everything off the front/upper/lower. then i put it back on the bike but didnt tighten ANYTHING completly. then i took alot of time fitting everything at once, slowly tightend it all up. like i said it still is not perfect. the black L shaped panels( i call them the dashboards ) dont fit fit right. I was told to get a new upper main stay to get it perfect.

wrecked anything never go back perfect but they can be close lol

Old 05-01-2010, 01:38 AM

Thanx for the advice...Thats excactly what i'm gonna do, when I get the knew upper fairing.
I'm gonna take every thing off and fit it back.

Old 05-03-2010, 07:03 PM

If you're describing what I think you are, the little "flap" goes between the upper fairing and the rearmost mount on the mid fairing. The dzus fastener for this location is slightly longer than the rest because of the extra plastic (little flap) it needs to pass through. If you're using fastener that's too short, this could be your problem.

Old 05-04-2010, 03:40 AM

Yes thank you for your advice. This is excactly what i'm talking about. I pushed and pulled an tightened things and it makes a LiL. more sense. Funny, how I have a discriptive manual and it doesn't show this. Honda dealer didn't even know this.
The bike had been dropped a couple of times. I'm gonna straigten all the mounting brackets.