CBR 900RR 1993 - 1999 Honda CBR 900RR

Steering damper install question

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 12:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering damper install question

i just ordered a Hyper Pro steering damper for my 99 cbr 900 and was wondering if it is an easy install. What do i got to do It's just undoing a couple bolts to put it on right??, Also hows it handle with the damper installed?

Old 04-05-2006, 12:38 PM
LDH
Default RE: Steering damper install question

Hyperpro is crap... Shoulda checked around & done some research prior to your purchase

I did a comparo a couple years back & the HyperPro was the worst of the bunch for functionality & installation

http://www.rc51.org/tests/dampers/

Old 04-05-2006, 08:16 PM

Hyper Pro is pretty good. Not real hard to install the instructions are pretty straight forward. PM me if you need any help.

Don't listen to "lord who ever" Its your mod you bought. Some people just like to dump on others.

Old 04-05-2006, 08:43 PM

Alright, Thanks Cbr_racin123

Old 04-05-2006, 08:50 PM
LDH

ORIGINAL: cbr_racin123

Hyper Pro is pretty good. Not real hard to install the instructions are pretty straight forward. PM me if you need any help.

Don't listen to "lord who ever" Its your mod you bought. Some people just like to dump on others.

Yea & some of us actually do the install & testing of the products http://www.rc51.org/tests/dampers/ just so others can "KNOW" the truth about various products instead of just taking some guys word for it that has nothing to make an accurate comparison against. Then again some of us also get paid to evaluate & review products that you don't even know exist yet for aftermarket manufacturers & even for various magazines that you no doubt have sitting on your coffee table....

But yer right I prolly don't know anything about anything

Old 04-05-2006, 11:41 PM

ouch, kinda harsh there duckhunter, dont ya think? i think cbr_racin123 was referring to your slightly condescending tone regarding tutman's purchase. i dont know if you meant for it to come off that way, but its hard to convey sarcasm over the internet so your post just seemed a little rough. not everybody needs or wants all top-quality stuff, so to come back and slam somebody's purchase just seems a little wrong. to each his own, right?

Old 04-06-2006, 12:04 AM
LDH

Trust me it's nothing personal.

I'm an arrogant ***** & my demeanor is abrasive. I don't waste time, I don't candycoat what I have to say nor am I some guy hiding behind a keyboard sniping at people that come too close. I moderate & post on several sportbike forums & even own my own & I tell people exactly how things work or don't work & if you ask around you will find that out of the thousands of people I have spoken with you will not find ONE PERSON that will ever tell you I have mislead them or gave them bad advice. EVERYTHING I state an opinion on is based on empirical data with lots of hands-on experience. I am a very public person readily available at racetrack venues all over the country all season long & my reputation is on the line every time I post. I will bend over backwards to help anyone that needs it, but I do not suffer fools well at all. People that hand out inaccurate advise to others that are actually in need of the truth **** me off as MY ONLY GOAL is to insure that everyone gets the most out of their sportbike ownership experience. My websites especially RC51.org are chocked full of information & real world tests that dispel many of the myths that are so frequently perpetuated on these forums (like like slip-ons are only for sound, race fuel vs pump gas, Street tires vs Race tires etc...) plus How-To articles for various bikes & free mods as well as the full scoop on which performance mods give you the best results or even bang for the buck for those on a budget.

If someone gets mad at something I post or takes it as a derogatory comment then there might be a reason they feel that way. Nothing stings like the truth when it is something you don't want to hear.

Old 04-06-2006, 01:20 AM

ORIGINAL: tutman6

Trust me it's nothing personal.

I'm an arrogant ***** & my demeanor is abrasive. I don't waste time, I don't candycoat what I have to say nor am I some guy hiding behind a keyboard sniping at people that come too close. I moderate & post on several sportbike forums & even own my own & I tell people exactly how things work or don't work & if you ask around you will find that out of the thousands of people I have spoken with you will not find ONE PERSON that will ever tell you I have mislead them or gave them bad advice. EVERYTHING I state an opinion on is based on empirical data with lots of hands-on experience. I am a very public person readily available at racetrack venues all over the country all season long & my reputation is on the line every time I post. I will bend over backwards to help anyone that needs it, but I do not suffer fools well at all. People that hand out inaccurate advise to others that are actually in need of the truth **** me off as MY ONLY GOAL is to insure that everyone gets the most out of their sportbike ownership experience. My websites especially RC51.org are chocked full of information & real world tests that dispel many of the myths that are so frequently perpetuated on these forums (like like slip-ons are only for sound, race fuel vs pump gas, Street tires vs Race tires etc...) plus How-To articles for various bikes & free mods as well as the full scoop on which performance mods give you the best results or even bang for the buck for those on a budget.

If someone gets mad at something I post or takes it as a derogatory comment then there might be a reason they feel that way. Nothing stings like the truth when it is something you don't want to hear.

Well looks like you got the ***** part right. How big of a bubble you wanna try to make for yourself. I am a big guy who tests things for magazines. I am sure everyone thinks you are real cool now, but still all you are is some guy knocking someone who could not afford the most expensive parts. I am proud of you. You really really really impressed me.[sm=hail.gif]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1075/A6ED6436D64C4D47B512F623ABB22366.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-06-2006, 01:31 AM
Retired Mod

ORIGINAL: cbr_racin123

Well looks like you got the ***** part right. How big of a bubble you wanna try to make for yourself. I am a big guy who tests things for magazines. I am sure everyone thinks you are real cool now, but still all you are is some guy knocking someone who could not afford the most expensive parts. I am proud of you. You really really really impressed me.[sm=hail.gif]

that's a little harsh man. i see what you're getting at though. you thought he was badmouthing anything less than what's considered the "best". did you even read his review in the link that he provided? there is some very good reviews of the most popular dampers, from a rider/racer's point of view. not only does it provide info on how they work but also talks about the installation. sounds to me like he is well informed on the matter and spoke his opinion on the hyperpro dampers. HIS opinon. it's up to you and everyone else to sort through the info received to determine what matters to you. that's what online forums are for. to provide info and opinions for others to read. there is no need to start a pissing fight.

Old 04-06-2006, 01:39 AM

Well yes but it just upsets me. Someone buys something and people telling them what they bought is crap. Come on he spent his money and he is proud of what he bought. No reason to knock him. This is just my opion. Even if this is the lowest grade one out there. Why make someone feel like crap because they did not have $500 dollars to shell out. Just my 2 cents and i did not mean to offend anyone.

Quick Reply: Steering damper install question