CBR 900RR 1993 - 1999 Honda CBR 900RR

spark plugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 12:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spark plugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My plugs are fouled out again last time i replaced them it was a real bitch!Does anyone have some ideas on how I can get to the plugs easier last time I took off tank,airbox and coils to get to them but the manual says i can get to them with removal of the side fairing. Do I need a special wrench to get in there? Middle ones look like thier gonna be tough to get too. DINEZ, GIXXEREATER, ANYONE I need your help dudes!!!!!!

Old 01-08-2008, 12:43 PM
Default RE: spark plugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The first thing i will tell you is to use the tool from the tool kit and if you dont have one..........go buy one because it was easy with that.
I did all of it from the side vents. You could yank the side plastic and it would probably be easier but all i did was stick my hand in the hole and reach in to remove them but this could only be done with the tool kit piece, nothing else I had would work.

This was on a 99. I dont remember what year you have so the vents may be different. If so then pull the side plastic off and reach in through the side. That will be your best bet.

Old 01-08-2008, 09:07 PM

ya same deal on the 93. the first time i replaced them it took forever. tank, coils, crappy plastic piece. then i read the manual and used the tool...piece of cake just the starboard most spark plug is the hardest. oh and have a magnet handy
JonBrown

Old 01-10-2008, 07:46 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Unless you use the special kit, you need to remove your tank dude...... Wonder why the R&D was so bad......

Old 01-10-2008, 08:58 PM

Did you get those biaotches out yet or what?

How do you foul plugs in a modern inline 4? Are you running a two smoker in that thing? [sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_stickpoke.gif]

Old 01-11-2008, 12:41 AM

ORIGINAL: gixxereater

How do you foul plugs in a modern inline 4? Are you running a two smoker in that thing? [sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_stickpoke.gif]
+1 ... I was wondering that too...... [sm=roll.gif]

Old 01-12-2008, 01:14 PM

If you are fouling spark plugs you need to get that issue fixed first; otherwise you will be changing plugs every few months.

On the 900rr from 93-99 the carbs have an enrichement valve on each carb X 4. The seals on those valves can dry out and then they don't completely seal closed. The choke ****/lever controls those enrichment circuits. Also adjust your throttle cables according to the Honda manual for free play. If you have to run your choke longer than one minute at start up then you need to have your carbs rebuilt, adjusted, then synchronized.

Clean your airbox and inlet tubes out with a clean rag, change the air filter out to a new paper filter. gauze filters on the cbr900rr cause the bike to run rich.

Old 01-13-2008, 07:33 PM

Any good plugs that you would suggest fastrr? What about those iridium plugs?

Old 01-14-2008, 05:06 PM

I'm workin on it ! I thougjt they fouled maybe form me not lettin the bike run long enough tech said if you dont let i get up to 150 and above the fuel dosen't burn completely off the plugs is this guy full of shi$ or what GIXXER, DINEZ have you heard of this b4?

Old 01-15-2008, 12:58 AM

Its not true Alpha.. the technician just wanted you to submit your bike to him and do a complete overhaul and crack your wallet.[sm=proof.gif] hahaha

err.... you are suppose to change your bike right?

Quick Reply: spark plugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!