CBR 900RR 1993 - 1999 Honda CBR 900RR

shortie on a 900rrs

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 03:08 PM
Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
Default shortie on a 900rrs

I`m not exactly tall, not exactly short....but I know my feet feel like they should be at least 3ins higher than where they sit on my pegs to actually be comfortable. I ride with my toes on the pegs to get some comfort and at times it feels like my gear lever is a mile away ! The pegs are in their origonal position. Short arms with a big tank dont help as I have to sit way up front to be comfortable on the bars.
I`m from the uk and a set of rear sets might be the answer but I`m not forking out 350 quid for ones here so China might be the answer. Problem with those ones I`ve found is they look a little suspect and seem too cheap
Anyone have same issue or cheap solution.
Cheers

Old 11-10-2013, 03:47 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

All of the "china" stuff I've used - has been top notch kit. I don't have any idea about the rear sets - all those guys do is buy a set of "real" rear sets, and copy them. They'll be almost identical to some of the aftermarket ones.

Old 11-10-2013, 05:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a set for my 929 and they are not that good. I went into the purchase thinking they were for my drag bike. No big deal. Not like I'm going to be putting them to serious use. Well I was wrong. I spent $180 on them and should have just put the $180 towards a set of sato's or Gilles. I have Sato's on my RC51 with no problems what so ever. The Chinese knock-offs I got on my 929 I have had the shifter lever straight up break off and the pegs would never tighten. The hardware they supply is cheap and I had to get creative and do some of my own machining on the pegs to get them to function properly with the levers before I even could use them. My two cents. Save your money and apply it towards a set of the "real" rearsets. You can probably find a used set on a forum somewhere for a lot less than new prices as well.