CBR 900RR 1993 - 1999 Honda CBR 900RR

She's in hospital

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 02:10 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default She's in hospital

While I was riding 2 days ago in the freeway going to meet up with my buddies, the bike started giving some strange clonking noise. Knowing something was not right, I slowed and the sound getting lounder and louder. I noticed the red engine oil light started toblink and thats it... the engine just jammed

She just died and I moved to the side of the road. The temprature sky rocketed to the max and the coolant system just burst and drained all the coolant.

I could not start her anymore. Called the shop and they sent a lorry to pick her up. Waited for 2 hrs. Reachedthe shop, told the foreman about the incident and said I suspect of insufficent of engine oil. They drained the engine oil to check and to my horror there are only around a liter of oil left (total 3.5 liter). WTF??

Just called the foreman; he had teared the engine. The rods and crankshaft had burned and need to be replaced. I'm still wondering how the hell the engine oil had reduced that drasticly. I just serviced a couple of months ago and only had run around 1500km.

Old 01-22-2008, 02:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: She's in hospital

Very sorry to hear that. Did you notice any smoke coming from the exhaust?

Old 01-22-2008, 05:10 PM

You can't burn that much oil that quickly. When you serviced it before, it was for overheating right? What was it, a clog in the radiator? Either they drained the oil then and only put back one liter or they did nothing with the oil and it's been burning off for a long time. It should have been changed and filled when they serviced it...kinda sounds like they know you can pay for service and they need the business...

I could be wrong but it seems like the fault of the shop.

Old 01-23-2008, 06:22 AM

Sorry to hear of your woes.. I had the same thing happen to my Ninja, thats been in little pieces for over two years now, so I hope you nail your blade back together with haste...

Im no CBR expert, but both my yamahas have features that put the oil light on when the oil gets low, or if you are me, put in a quart less than you should.. Its saved me a couple of times..

CJ

Old 01-23-2008, 06:47 PM

Yes Spirit, I sent for service duringthe radiator was clogged and the engine was overheating.

I'm 100% with you, most probably they had forgotten to change the oil last time after all. Its impossible the other 2.5l oil had just vanished like that. No leaking, no white smoke..........

I had questioned them regarding this matter but they insist that they had changed the oil (Of course they will say that, right?). In fact they too just can't believe how the hell this thing can happen.

Well, it's a big shop, many foremen and bikes. My buddies and me have a quite strong reputation in the shop. As how they f##ked me up, I will F##k them when the time comes. I'm not going to pay for the repair.

They called me yesterday and told me that there is a good '99 engine and they can swap for me altogether...

Old 01-23-2008, 07:22 PM

99 engine... nice yeah if it's all together a mystery where the oil went to..i'd say they forgot to top off the oil or someone pulled a mean prank on you by draining a liter out.

Old 01-23-2008, 07:32 PM

It could be the most f#@ked up prank ever!!!!!!!!! I just want my bike back!!!!!!!

Old 01-29-2008, 07:56 PM

So how is the motor? How much longer?

Old 01-30-2008, 02:58 AM

They are waiting for the parts from Singapore. I should know the cost by this week. Damn!

I had sent an official letter to the owner of the shop regarding the whole incident; demanding an answer and a free charges for all the related works.

I'm planning to bring this matter to the Consumer Tribunal Court ifI didn't get a favourable reply.

Old 02-01-2008, 05:36 PM

good luck with the free repairs. hope your back and ready to go by summer.

Quick Reply: She's in hospital