CBR 900RR 1993 - 1999 Honda CBR 900RR

Question about front fairing on a '93 900rr

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 09:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about front fairing on a '93 900rr

Apparently, the previous owners of my '93 900rr were either too weak to hold the bike up or just too dumb to not let it fall over, and as a result there are scratches and broken fairing mounts and such on every piece of plastic on the bike. Someone must have lost some of the mounting fasteners and used some zip ties to keep things together.

Once it finally gets too cold here to ride much, I want to start fixing everything up, starting with new plastics. WorldOfPowersports.com has all the OEM plastics but they are ungodly too expensive. eBay has bits and pieces, but no full sets. There was a link posted here on the forum the other day for an online store that sold a lot of after-market plastics, but it looked like they didn't have anything for the '93 900rr. I did find Air-Tech and they seem to sell their own after-market plastics for my bike for cheaper than what I'd pay for OEM plastic. Unless someone can suggest somewhere else to buy new plastic for my model of bike, I'll most likely be purchasing a set from these guys this Winter.

And now for my question. I've nothing against the dual round headlights, but I was wondering if any of the later model fairings will fit on a '93. For example, with the '93 mid and lower fairings, will a '94 front fairing with the different headlight shape mount up without much, if any, modification? What about any of the other plastic pieces? Do I need to look for 1993 plastic only or can some of the other years be interchangeable with mine? Thanks.

(if any of you buy from WorldOfPowersports.com, use the coupon code "10-OFF" at checkout for 10% off.)

Last edited by patches_mcmatt; 10-25-2010 at 09:27 PM.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:30 AM

please for the love of God, reconcider your butchery. 93 is a iconic bike , wear those duals with pride...sorry , but i dont know if you can miss match the later models with the first Gen RR's...

Attached Thumbnails Question about front fairing on a '93 900rr-cbr-pics-015.jpg  
Old 10-26-2010, 10:50 AM

Well, like I said, I've nothing against the dual headlights. I was mainly wanting to know, since finding replacement plastic pieces seems to be a bit difficult, if I could find plastic from a model year close to 1993, could I use it interchangeably. From some of the pictures I've seen of the 1994 model year, the mid and lower fairings look nearly identical to those factory pieces on my bike now, but I don't want to buy anything unless I know it's going to fit.

Old 10-26-2010, 05:55 PM

bro , just kiddin around, if you search yool find were this was covered before , i cant remember who posted a list of interchangeables , but it is here somewhere. and yes i know what ya mean , when i had my 93 , it was a bitch to find parts, i had to beg lockheart speadscreens to make another run of smoke double bubble wind screen because they had discontinued, things are gettin harder to find, but dont give up, they are out there, and add to the greatness of this special bike.(first of the blades)..wish i still had mine...

Old 11-09-2010, 11:01 PM
Official CBRF Decal Man

yes you can interchange but what you have to do is change the front fairing stay and you may have to change all plastics except the tail fairings... and you will ofcourse have to change the headlight which a used headlight could run you about $100.... but all in all if you do a front fairing swap you may be looking at spending the same amount as if you were to just pay for the new front fairing its self