CBR 900RR 1993 - 1999 Honda CBR 900RR

On, OFF and RESERVE

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 03:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default On, OFF and RESERVE

cant figure this out, the petcock whats up down and left???

had the starter solenoid replaced on my bike and not sure if my mechanic had to take the tank off for this.

reason being i rode my bike home, to work and back home when it then stalled on me and when i gave it gas it sputtered out.

pretty sure that it was in the up position when i got it back but i think down is ON correct??

Old 07-21-2008, 03:15 PM
Default RE: On, OFF and RESERVE

Up is reserve, left is off, down is on.

Old 07-21-2008, 03:17 PM

that goes for all hondas? i have a 94 cbr900

Old 07-21-2008, 03:19 PM
April 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure if its the same for all hondas but my F2 was like that and my 97 900 is like that. The long end up is reserve, down is on and left is off

Old 07-21-2008, 03:52 PM

i'm pretty sure he had to remove your tank. it probly got bumped to the reserve position, though most mechanics would shut it off (when taking it off) and then after installing would put it in theon position.some times people forget i guess, that must of sucked.
always check to make sure it is in the on position even after a fill up, it's a good habit to get in to.

Old 07-21-2008, 06:54 PM

also, can a bad battery cause the bike to stall and stutter when reved?

Old 07-21-2008, 06:57 PM

ORIGINAL: rons93rr

i'm pretty sure he had to remove your tank. it probly got bumped to the reserve position, though most mechanics would shut it off (when taking it off) and then after installing would put it in theon position.some times people forget i guess, that must of sucked.
always check to make sure it is in the on position even after a fill up, it's a good habit to get in to.
Also for good habit, is it ok to just ride with the tank on reserve all the time?

Old 07-21-2008, 07:07 PM

ORIGINAL: archie

Also for good habit, is it ok to just ride with the tank on reserve all the time?
YOU SO FUNNY HA, HA (NOT)

Old 07-21-2008, 07:15 PM

ORIGINAL: archie

YOU SO FUNNY HA, HA (NOT)
thats why im askinnnnnnngggg i have no idea? Assume that its bad?!? Last bike had a gas guage, this one doesnt so i was trying to just be safe than run out of gas again

Old 07-21-2008, 08:23 PM

arrow streight down(on position), arrow streight accross(off position) & arrow streight up (reserve position).
you always waunt to keep it set to the on position so when your fuel gets low you switch to reserve so you can make it to a gas station. if you keep it on reserve you will be pushing your bike to a gas station. ok?

Quick Reply: On, OFF and RESERVE