CBR 900RR 1993 - 1999 Honda CBR 900RR

Need help with my 94 CBR 900rr

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 05:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with my 94 CBR 900rr

I have an issue with the bike I Just bought and bought it like this sooooo Here it is:

I hook up a boost box to the terminals cause the battery was dead. With the key on I have power, lights and such,.:

1- Turn signals make a buzzing sound from behind the cluster when on. They dont blink.

2- The High beams dont work but low beams do.

3 With switch set to "RUN" and push the "START" button there is a clicking under the seat. It is not coming from the starter. There is a "Box" That has a 30 amp in it (its not blown) under the seat and thats where the clicking is coming from I will attach two pics. One is the box that is clicking and thee second looks like some relay? when I remove this relay I have no clicking (If this is a relay) All fuses that I found were not blown. With the kick stand down and in gear it does not click so I dont think it is the safety switch.

Thanks and I hope some one can Help. I listed all the problems I found just in Case they are realted or not.

Old 10-07-2010, 05:54 PM

You have a extremely dead battery. I don't think a jump box will help you unless you remove the existing battery then hook the jump box up but I try a new battery first.

Old 10-07-2010, 06:00 PM
Default Pics

1 The black box is the size of a thumb nail and has three prongs no writing?

Attached Thumbnails Need help with my 94 CBR 900rr-dsc05375.jpg   Need help with my 94 CBR 900rr-dsc05378.jpg  

Last edited by Michaelangelo94cbr900rr; 10-07-2010 at 06:01 PM. Reason: my bad
Old 10-07-2010, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Stien514
You have a extremely dead battery. I don't think a jump box will help you unless you remove the existing battery then hook the jump box up but I try a new battery first.

Battery is taken out and directly hooked up to the terminals. it is throwing out 200 amps on a start setting. I have started a Dump truck with this box like this. I have tried it also on 2 amps, and 35 amps.

Old 10-07-2010, 06:46 PM

That black relay may be your fuel pump relay. I just looked on mine (a 95') and the location you show there is nothing. I agree with the 1st answer. Completely dead battery.

Old 10-07-2010, 07:49 PM

Trust me I understand about starting a dump truck with the jump box but if the battery has a dead cell and will not charge or hold a charge, then is doing nothing other than absorbing all the power of the box and not relaying it to the iginiton system. You'll have better luck removing the battery then trying the box but I would not do that and risk screwing something up without running the box through a battery which I knew for sure was good.
Try charging the battery, if it holds a charge good start over with trying to start the bike. If it will not charge buy a battery and try again.
Yes I've been terribly wrong in the past and freely admit I don't know everything. I do know that a battery that has a dead cell will be extremely hard to jump start if not impossible.

Old 10-07-2010, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Stien514
Trust me I understand about starting a dump truck with the jump box but if the battery has a dead cell and will not charge or hold a charge, then is doing nothing other than absorbing all the power of the box and not relaying it to the iginiton system. You'll have better luck removing the battery then trying the box but I would not do that and risk screwing something up without running the box through a battery which I knew for sure was good.
Try charging the battery, if it holds a charge good start over with trying to start the bike. If it will not charge buy a battery and try again.
Yes I've been terribly wrong in the past and freely admit I don't know everything. I do know that a battery that has a dead cell will be extremely hard to jump start if not impossible.

Before I did any diagnosis the battery was completely dead so I removed it and have been diagnosing it off the Jumper hook directly to the terminals removing the battery completely from the picture. I think this should suffice right?

Old 10-08-2010, 09:55 AM

Did I post this in the wrong section? Is there a better section like tech questions? Since I am new I wanted to make sure.

Old 10-14-2010, 06:23 PM

I agree, The clicking under the seat is the starter relay. Dirty cables or a bad ground or a dead battery will inhibit current flow and make the relay click, Since your main fuse is good check your cables for corrosion and your chassis ground. It is located where the negative cable hooks to the engine block, The 30 amp fuse is the main engine fuse. Also check your fuse box to make sure nothing else is blown, I'm not sure where it is on the 94. My 99 is under the right upper inner fairing and says fuse box, I would suspect corroded cables or a bad ground from your description
Best of luck Jim