CBR 900RR 1993 - 1999 Honda CBR 900RR

need help

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 03:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help

well ,I have a 900 rr 1995 and my probles is 2 of 4 cilinders are not working, this two cilinder are from the coil to right hand, but Itesting the coil whit the signal that come to the left coil and this's working correctly,both have a positive signal, but the right coil don't have negative intermitent signal,

my be isthe CDI? or VOLTAGE RECTIFIRE?what do you think .....
and if someone have a link to down load the service manual for this bike..
please help me,
THANKS

Old 05-18-2007, 02:11 AM
Default RE: need help

Anyone having problems with Ethnol Fuel in there CBR 900RR 1993, all STOCK with 6600 miles on the odometer!? Need help?? Tried new fuel from different Gas Stations all the same!! Hope that someone can shed some light?? Thanks Ben

Old 05-18-2007, 11:22 AM

Did you just thread jack this guys post? NO....ethonal is fine in small doses.....nothing over 10% in a bike though......ever!!

Back to the original........are they completely dead? No spark at all? Or is there spark?

Old 05-18-2007, 06:24 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

the cdi sounds like it has a better chance of being your problem over the RR. say that because the rr usually has to do with your charging system as where the cdi has to do with igniton. it is weird though that 2/4 are not working , you would assume (1st mistake lol) that if it was the cdi it would take out all 4

its amazing how new members will just come in to a thread and try and jack it. its not that hard to post their own topic to ask for help. its happened to me before and its agrivating. it's one thing to ask about your problem that is the same or related to the OP but to just come outta left field with something completly different ... *shakes head*

Old 05-22-2007, 12:34 PM

pontiacat,

Swap the coils around and see if the problem follows the coils or if it stayed where it started, if you can get your hands on a laser style thermometer fire up the scoot and let it warm up a little. Thencheck the exhaust pipes to get a temp on each pipe, then swap the coils and do it again. That will isolate out the coilsif they are cold or hotif it is breaking down you will know for sure and which coil is bad.....