Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 11:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: my mess of a 900 rr

no not really if u dont use them

Old 08-23-2006, 01:40 AM

A new harness is the way to go. I bought a spare one for my bike a few years back. It ran $65 or something like that and it had all the sensors, relay's, and everything else with it. It sounds like your bike definatly has some issues. Start with one thing at a time and go from there.

Now in the last picutre you show two things:

On the left side you have your regulator/recitfier. On the right side you have your ignition relay.

If you are having any charging issues, more then likely it's the regulator. They are very common for going out on the 900RR's. I've replaced mine three times in the last few months. I finally bought one from Honda and it's been great ever since. Honda redesigned them and they now have a heat sink, kinda like an amplifier. Heat is what kills them.

Old 08-28-2006, 02:19 AM

yeah im trying to get a new harness right now on ebay..as for the other picture i got a spark from a bad wire on the thing on the left side (regulator/recitfier). as the bike sits it runs great, it was my friends before mine and he had no problems with it untill.....well lets say at a high rate of speed the bracket holding up the front end broke and the front faring broke off and pulled all the wores apart..almost all of them are taped/crimped back together in a huge mess. he re wired the regulator.

one more Q he put the fan on a switch, is there a relay for the temp sensor? when the bike gets hot i have to flip the switch which is a pain. i saw on the radiator there seemed to be a sensor but there was no wire on it(had a male connector) could that be the reason its on a switch and not automatc?

Old 08-30-2006, 06:59 PM

so i have been dying to get my back and going so i gave up getting a harness and started going through my mess. i bought a new honda voltage regultor for it also. so far i got the rear turn signals working and rear brake working again(which was a problem with the little spring on the rear brake levar. now i have the front to go, i still have many wires to go through and figure out which is getting annoying but i guess its worth saving the money over getting a new harness. i do have a few Q though

*dumb Q do the 93 have hi/low beam? the headlights seem to be my problem right now, there are 3 wires out each of the light socket, the grounds are spliced together and grounded, and 2 others are twisted together to a green wire, currently with high beam switch on the lights vome on, when i turn the high beam switch off the lights turn off.

*also the 2 relays one clicks when i mess with the light switch(aparently light relay) the other is for the turn signals then but what is the short cylinder chrome looking relay for?

*and why would my fan be connected directly to the battery on a switch, i also need to fix that.