CBR 900RR 1993 - 1999 Honda CBR 900RR

My Baby, Finally done!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 11:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My Baby, Finally done!

The bike stands out i think its great. I like custom bike gives the bike character. If its what you like go with it. I still like the white

*I would love to find a bike thats in rough shape and restore it as well seems kinda fun. Costly too.*

Old 08-31-2007, 12:17 PM

A little costly, main problem is that every part for this year has to be ordered so when I find that I need something it takes a week to get it. I paid $1700 for her and I've put $600-700 into so figure I've got around $2400 into this project. Of course it saves $ when you do the work yourself! I don't even want to know how much someone would have charged me for rebuilding the forks...

Old 08-31-2007, 02:00 PM

I price quoted forks for New vs rebuilding forks for my brothers 03 R6 and it was at the local dealer $450+ new or $300 dollars just for labor for the firks w/out parts for the rebuild. Im mechanically inclined but never did much on bikes so im scared i'll f' somethnig up it would cost me an arm and leg to repair my mistake.

*you got yourself a good looking bike for $2400 or so especially when you can do it yourself you know its done right.*

Old 08-31-2007, 03:01 PM

Yea, a buddy of mine went to MMI in Phoenix, he helped me do most of the stuff so I know it's done right. It's nice to know mechanics, I'm more of a car guy but I'm getting into bikes a lot, they're easier to work on

Old 08-31-2007, 09:45 PM

Always good to know a good mechanic.lol, does your buddy travel for repairs i could use a good carb cleaning. I never messed with bike carbs and i guess they have to be synced when complete or something.

Old 02-20-2008, 12:58 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: 900rrjunkie

looks good. clean from what i can see but im not crazy about the brown seats on a white bike.. and looks like your going o need a new can on that headder... i would go with black seats and a carbon fiber can. it would bring out that polish job you got ...do some font pics and the other side too.. maybe a few shot of the rim close up..???

only thing i dont like iss the front signals, i have those on a 97 ninja and its not flush with the faring. and a poorly designed blinker. <----- i gota say i think this guy is right... look at the photos i have of my bike i bought slimmer single bulb turnsignels and put led's in the air ducts... also i see a cut out for framesliders but they dont look like there in the right spot???
Yea I like the whole Carbon Fiber Idea....

Old 02-20-2008, 05:17 PM

The bike looks pretty sweet man airbrush some flames on that white and get a two brothers full exhaust and that thing is tricked!!

Old 02-20-2008, 07:36 PM

It looks awesome, I know you like brown seats but I might make them black.

And like someone said a new exhaust or just clean up the chrome a bit.

Great job!

Old 02-21-2008, 07:00 AM

If it were mine I wouldnt want to be throwing a bunch of cash at a fullsytem.. But Im cautious that way.. I would paint the whole exhaust in heat resistant paint. Black would work, add some contrast and save a ton of cash... Maybe leave the end cap shiny?

I would experiement with a red seat too..maybe a white one?

CJ

Old 02-21-2008, 09:25 AM

Dude full exhaust is not just about looks lol. It's also about the performance factor and what about the sound of the pipe? Think about it , you don't want the same jank *** pipe on a bike your trying to trick at least get a slip on but a full system is only like 600-700 bucks for a really nice one full system = a smart investment. No charge for the advice! ALPHA

Quick Reply: My Baby, Finally done!