CBR 900RR 1993 - 1999 Honda CBR 900RR

Like a million others before-New to wheelies. Can anyone help???

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 01:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Like a million others before-New to wheelies. Can anyone help???

Alright Stunters! I got a question for you? I got my 96 CBR900rr tuned up and runing good (I think)...Can't power wheelie, I tried that till it got old. At about 15-20 mph, Let off the throttle and then opened it up, NOTHING.
I tried Clutch wheelie, and did a LiL. better. At about 15-20 mph I pulled in cluth gave it throttle and then dumped it. Got it up about 2 feet that way.
How much rpm do I have to feed it so that I can get it up, atleast 3-4 feet???
Or is it the bike??? Something wrong with bike??? I think I gave it about 6-7 rpm and it is a heavy bike. I'm ready for your advice and corrective critisizm, Shoot!

Old 04-30-2010, 08:59 AM
Default wheelie machine

the bike you got is a wheelie monster. i responded to a recent thread with a small "how to" for stand up wheelies. whatever wheelie you decide to learn, just remember, small steps or it can be painfully expensive.

""I've done different types of wheelies. Power wheelies are easiest and seem to me, to be the easiest to control, to me anyways.
Center yourself standing on the pegs (front to back and side to side) and "bounce the suspension. do this a couple of times to understand how your bike is going to respond. after youve got your timing down start rebounding the suspension with little blips of the throttle. like said earlier in this post, baby steps. timing the rebound of the suspension and use of the right gear and speed is going to crucial.
also, think about this. if you're standing straight up (12 o'clock) and the bike's in front of you, then your not looping it, LOL i did standups and never really wanted to go back to sitting on wheelies. ""

try this at about 4500 in second gear and work from there.

Don

Old 05-01-2010, 04:46 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this is just one of those things that comes with experience. learn the bike, THEN learn the stunt.

Old 06-05-2010, 08:00 AM

if your doing a power wheelie then when u roll off the throttle at 10 -15 mph make sure you shut it off quick and suddenly shift your weight over the front end pushing it down, as its when the suspension is springing back up and you wind it open that gives it that little boost to lift. be warned, it can come up very quick, especially if your not used to opening her up. keep the foot break in mind as this can be a savier if you over do it! good luck and be carefull.

Old 06-05-2010, 08:34 AM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SEEYA7
Alright Stunters! I got a question for you? I got my 96 CBR900rr tuned up and runing good (I think)...Can't power wheelie, I tried that till it got old. At about 15-20 mph, Let off the throttle and then opened it up, NOTHING.
Are you sure you're giving it enough time for the front to come up in a power wheelie? I'm still getting used to my 08 1000RR that I bought 6 months ago. One of my friends was telling me about power wheelies so I thought I'd give it a try.

On a lonely back country road I slowly took off and then, at about 10 mph, I twisted the throttle pretty hard in first gear. It initially just took off like a rocket sled and I figured that was all it was going to do. Fun, but I was hoping for a wheelie. Well, at about 6-7k rpm the front end started rapidly rising. I probably only had it one foot off the ground but to me, who had never done a wheelie on a street bike, it felt much higher.

Get lined up on a straight stretch of road, twist that throttle and hang on a few seconds. It should come up for you but don't expect the results to be immediate.

Old 06-05-2010, 03:05 PM
Default long ones

a friend of mine wheelies his for miles. He's got her way up for a long time. Now she smokes good. He's been told it's from oil not circulating properly while having it up so high for so long. I guess remember this when you get good @ them.