CBR 900RR 1993 - 1999 Honda CBR 900RR

Help with regulator/rectifier wiring

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 04:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with regulator/rectifier wiring

Hi everyone
So my R/R is TOST....... I have 96 CBR900RR , so I got one on ebay but it is for a 02 F4i the wiring on my R/R 3Y-1G-1 red&white , the one I'm getting has 3Y-2G-2red . OK I can comprehend the 2G that is ground no big deal I can deal that , but what about the 2 reds were do thy go ??????? any body out there don this before please I need advice ,Thank you

Old 08-06-2009, 10:21 AM

Not to dodge your question, but you're replacing your junk R\R with ANOTHER junk R\R. Put it back on eBay, and get yourself a good one form a GSXR or an R6. These will be more obvious on how to wire, as well. Honda makes excellent stuff, but the nonexistent cooling for their R\R's was an epic failure.

Old 08-06-2009, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by johnnyx
Not to dodge your question, but you're replacing your junk R\R with ANOTHER junk R\R. Put it back on eBay, and get yourself a good one form a GSXR or an R6. These will be more obvious on how to wire, as well. Honda makes excellent stuff, but the nonexistent cooling for their R\R's was an epic failure.
The one that Im getting is not the oem it aftermarket , so ya Honda didn't design a sold R/R I agree on that , Im going to out fit my new one with cooling fan from my old computer , but what stopping me is I need the wiring diagram for 02 f4i do you have that ? Thank you

Old 08-06-2009, 02:19 PM

I don't, but check this thread, it's loaded with info:

https://cbrforum.com/forum/f2-tech-93/regulator-rectifier-r-r-problem-solved-27739/

Also, have you tried the f4i manual?

You don't need a fan on there, just a good heatsink. The PC fan is going oxidize pretty quickly and stop working in the outdoor weather. The problem is the concave top doesn't allow for a heatsink to be mounted flush. You could try smearing thermal compound in between the R\R and the frame, but that's still not as good as a heatsink.

The Yamaha R6 one is IDENTICAL to the Honda one, except they engineered a massive heatsink for it. Here's mine:

Old 08-06-2009, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by johnnyx
I don't, but check this thread, it's loaded with info:

https://cbrforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27739

Also, have you tried the f4i manual?

You don't need a fan on there, just a good heatsink. The PC fan is going oxidize pretty quickly and stop working in the outdoor weather. The problem is the concave top doesn't allow for a heatsink to be mounted flush. You could try smearing thermal compound in between the R\R and the frame, but that's still not as good as a heatsink.

The Yamaha R6 one is IDENTICAL to the Honda one, except they engineered a massive heatsink for it. Here's mine:

Thank you , The thread had a lot off info but not the wiring diagram for 02F4i , the problem that I don't have the money right now to speed on a new R/R , I don't have a job , & rent is do & you no the rest , the bike is the only transpiration I have to do with what I have , Im still looking for the diagram hope I find one , Thank you man

Old 08-06-2009, 05:57 PM

Thank you

Last edited by nof900rr; 08-07-2009 at 07:09 AM.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:39 PM

Is that rectifier r/r on your bike from a r6 cuase i just got one on ebay brand new and i wanted to know what wiring you used please help i realy want to ride where did you get the info what colors should i use and what wire goes where

Old 10-10-2009, 07:04 AM
Default Hi

I need to know what colors wirs the r/r got & what coloer wirs your bike got or you can call me if you need more ifo
Originally Posted by BORIBORICUA
Is that rectifier r/r on your bike from a r6 cuase i just got one on ebay brand new and i wanted to know what wiring you used please help i realy want to ride where did you get the info what colors should i use and what wire goes where

Old 10-10-2009, 07:12 AM

I live on the east cost by daytona if you give me your phone # , I will walk you thou it its easy
Originally Posted by BORIBORICUA

Old 10-10-2009, 08:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya - for what it is worth the FJR, the latest RR, some suziki's, the current R6? allhave a REALLY nice RR - I've posted a few times about it.

Good luck with this project

Quick Reply: Help with regulator/rectifier wiring