CBR 900RR 1993 - 1999 Honda CBR 900RR

handed out some ass whoopin's today

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 05:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default handed out some *** whoopin's today

me and my friends were drag racin today. I was undefeated till I spun at the line. First was my buddy with an 07 Yamaha R6. Took him twice by 2 bikes. Should have been more but I don't launch hard off the line so I always lose a few lengths at the start. Then my buddy with an 04 GSXR 750. Same thing again, lost a few lengths at the line. Almost missed second and still managed to catch him up top. Then after I had four wins my luck ended, I spun against the GSXR then the next race I got to the top of first gear and my visor fogged so bad I had to slow down, but still not a bad day. Every race I finished I won. We were gonna go again but the cops figured out what we were up to so we had to bounce. And before anybody starts talkin ****, I know I have the biggest bike out there today, so technically I should have won, but I still had a great ****in time! Besides, my **** is prehistoric compared to their bikes. I was happy to get a warm day out, well at least over 40 degrees. Riding days are few and far between right now.

Old 01-06-2008, 06:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: handed out some *** whoopin's today

nice man. what speeds were yall gettin to? i can beat everyone i know until about 110 or so then the R1 and the Busa passes me but i give them a run for their money
900's rock

Old 01-06-2008, 09:42 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice to hear that man... Chillin out with your bike buddies could be the best thing after all. The worst part of course if someone cracked up and went down..

Old 01-06-2008, 10:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it was a lot of fun. I had absolutely no clue how fast I was goin, I didn't look anywhere but straight ahead. I was real impressed with the bike. I had a weak start every launch, I didn't want the bike to go straight up. Every start I was behind at least three bikes. We ran 3/10s of a mile. Halfway each time the bike just roared past. I thought my advantage would be down low but the power upstairs was awesome. I walked past everybody the last tenth mile. And I know I cancut at least a half a second off my time if I just practiced launching and maybe watched the odometer instead of shifting by ear.

Old 01-06-2008, 10:56 PM

Most of my friends have 600s as well. I am impressed with the 06 and 07 cbr 600 and the yamaha r6 is a very fast bike as well. The ninja 600 didn't impress me that much though. I get to drive them all since I work on their bikes. The 900 is more impressive then people think they are, and my 900 does very well against the liter bikes and gives them a run for their money. I was thinking of selling my 900 and going to a liter bike but I'm keeping her. Johnny

Old 01-07-2008, 12:25 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really dont want to rain on your parade but its kind of hard to run legit runs anywhere but the track with a timing system...my 900 wil run 10.40 - 10.80s all day long and thats with a few bolt ons and the stretched swingarm, Ive seen a relatively new rider run a10.70 on an 04 GSXR 600, theres guys in Honolulu running low 10 second passes with 636s with extensions...The 900 is quick off of the line being that it is naturally heavier and makes a little more torque than the newer bikes so youre able to give more gas and let off of the clutch a little quicker without worrying about the bike looping over...with an extended swingarm tho its a different story, ill pull off the line at 8000rpm and just go, if you get your tire pressure right, your suspension right, strap the front down and spruce up your takeoffs youll allways leave the other guy playing catch up...I agree though, giving the new bikes a run for their money on a dino is allways fun, its like the kids at the trackwith their importsgettin their asses handed to them by oldschool american muscle cars Get to a track with your buddies and put some time in its fun and its worth it...safer too

Old 01-07-2008, 12:51 AM

Maybe I'm just running against rookies and have'nt really run against a good driver. Street racing and track are very different, I've got a mustang that runs 10.20s at the track and would never pull that et on the street. They give the gsxr600 alot of credit as well as the kawi636 and I have not yet tryed the 636 but if its like the ninja 600 I'm not impressed. My wife drives a gsxr600 and it is quick but does'nt have the torgue. Johnny

Old 01-07-2008, 02:00 AM

I had run with a few buddies going up and down the hills recently. Real freakin twisties. All of us in the same average category of skills. The newer bikes definately got the advantage with thier braking, suspension and weight. I managed to smoke the 636 and R6 in the straight but thier ability of late braking when approching a corner give them the advantage.

Old 01-07-2008, 02:04 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

636s are EVIL

Old 01-07-2008, 03:15 AM

900rr are DEVIL...

Quick Reply: handed out some ass whoopin's today