CBR 900RR 1993 - 1999 Honda CBR 900RR

going too far???

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 02:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default going too far???

What's up fellas I eat sleep and breathe bikes just like the rest of you but I got to say I think this customizing **** is gettin out of hand in my opinion the dvd screens the 10000 dollar paint jobs speaker systems etc. . the fat tire kits are pretty tight but seriously man what is this other than a way to dump load an *** load of money on something that is only gonna take one spill to demolish (2 kinds of riders in the world those who have been down and those who are goin down!)I also feel like ina sense that have lost feeling of what the bike and the ride is supposed to be about (performance,speed and that feeling in your gut to know you have the ***** and are doing what 90% of the rest of the country wouldn't even try just seems to me that there trying to make the sportbike scene into the lowrider scene where you have trailer queen bikes and really what is the point of that?(there meant to be ridden hard!!!!) let me know what you guys think. ALPHA

Old 04-19-2008, 03:08 AM
Default RE: going too far???

yeah i agree with you to a degree but to each thier own i guess. iHATE the psp's, stereos, tv's and stuff on bikes but alot of people dont like what i did with my bike eitherand for some reasonwill tell me that theydont like something idid or try and talk me out of doing something to my bike but i just tell them "good thing you dont ride it and didnt pay for any of it then, huh?"
anything that moves someone will customize it, its just peoples way to personalize thier property to fit themselves and thier taste, some people will like it and some wont..what fun would it be if everyone wasridingaround on a bone stock bike.[:'(]

but yeah thereare trailer queens but you are going to have that with anything...ie-boats,harleys,cars,trucks

just my .02

Old 04-19-2008, 05:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah i think its cool for people to do it. but i would never do it, simply because i buy bikes to ride them so why put money into something that can sooo easily destroyed or stolen, but hey i guess if i had the cash and the time....... =/ no i still wouldn't do it lol. i would just buy a new bike.

Old 04-19-2008, 12:11 PM

when i was younger i would ride the s**t out of my bike, in 2 years i ended up w/over 25k miles on it. it is all what the individual waunts to do w/his or her bike, what they expect to do & get out of it. i wouldn't do most of the stuff out there but i certainly respect the work and the passion of someone's blood, sweat & tears not to mention $$$ they put into a project. i kinda like to see all of the motorcycling branches out there,just to see what could be done. you gotta admit there is a lot of prettty cool s**t out there, even if people like us would never do it.. well ride it like you stole it and have fun.

Old 04-21-2008, 01:19 PM

I think its cool too, and i like to go to bike shows and see what people do and ideas they have come up with, I would never do it myself nor would i want to ride one with the thought that i may F*** it up or something, But i guess if you have the money to do it and dont have nothing better to do with it than why not?

Old 04-21-2008, 01:33 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

with age I found I am not able to ride like I did when I was younger and from experience (skating) it hurts more now than then...But I believe that the whole ride it hard and fast has its place and time...

If I put the CF beast down I am more worried about Me than the bike.

Flesh is ireplaceable but a bike can be rerplaced...and I have been down 3 times 120 mph, 100 mph and 50 mph oh and a slip on some oil with my CBR1000f (hurricane) and walked away from them all. Now I think I would limp away..

im tired where is my Geritol...I really need to proof read better

Old 04-21-2008, 01:33 PM

I like some mods. The super high end paint jobs are really cool for their creativeness and artwork. I don't like mods that inhibit a bikes performance like the fools that take off a front rotor to show off rims. I also don't much care for the stretching (no offense to those with stretched bikes) but I like my bike nimble and quick turning, quite the opposite of what you get when you stretch the wheelbase. Fat tires don't do anything other than cost money because you have to be able to heat them to get the most out of them and the fatter they are the harder they are to heat and the turn-in is hampered. Chrome is cool as long as it's not adding too much weight.

Old 04-22-2008, 09:32 PM

stynkmonkey,

LOL,

I like a number of your answers and thoughts towards the topic as I have to agree on a number of them.

I think this will sum most of it up.

http://www.mac-pac.org/temp/motivation.html

For all to enjoy.

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 04-22-2008, 10:27 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

well I agree with ZRX1 and you know where I find my serinity...

Name:  100_3193.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  5.8 KB

It may be carbon but I ride it like it's a 2 dollar *****

Old 04-22-2008, 10:35 PM

i agree its coo but not for me.. the name SPORTbike says it all..