CBR 900RR 1993 - 1999 Honda CBR 900RR

Getting Too Hot??

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 10:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting Too Hot??

I've been reading through this forum for a while and most of the posts been pretty helpful, but I have a problem that I believe hasnt been addressed yet. I have a '93 900 and whenever i get stuck in traffic the bike gets pretty hot. The radiator fan does turn on and the temp needle does go down a little but if i dont dont get moving in time the bike will shut off and it wont turn on until a couple of minutes. Im hoping its not electrical because i use to have an electrical problem before but its been good since i changed the stator. I also have a question about the headlights, sometimes when i switch to highbeams the headlights turn off its like 50/50 sometimes it will, sometimes it wont.

Thanks,
Danny

Old 08-24-2007, 07:47 AM
Default RE: Getting Too Hot??

As for the dying in traffic, it's not likely because the engine itself got too hot, if the fan kicks on and it's bringing down the temp then that is a good deal. Perhaps it's vapor locking? The fuel side that is. If it was engine/ecu related, sitting after it dies would allow it to heat soak and get hotter, rendering it useless.

As for the lights, my 99 did the exact same thing.....took the switch apart and sprayed it down with some contact cleaner and problem solved.

Old 08-25-2007, 12:58 AM
Default RE: Getting Too Hot??

If its vapor locking could i wrap the fuel line to prevent heat from getting to it? I also noticed when my engine gets hot when ishift into neutral the neutral light won't come on and when i put the kickstand down the bike turns off because it thinks im not in neutral. I think i might be running too rich also, does that make the engine run hotter?