CBR 900RR 1993 - 1999 Honda CBR 900RR

Do you think it will look good?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 09:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you think it will look good?

I bought my 98 900RR a few weeks ago and have been buying parts to dress it up a little. The fairings are still at the paint shop but should be ready soon. It was originally yellow. I went back with yellow but went with Lamborghini yellow with pearl added and and some black parts (black corbin seat,black Targa rear seat cowl and black undertail) to offset the yellow. Still looking for a graphics that I like and they will probably be black. Normally I would use black accessories. This time I went chrome. Here are the parts that I have bought.
Stainless Yoshi RS3 can
Chrome front and rear pegs
Chrome heel guards
Chrome clutch and brake levers
Chrome brake cap reservoir
Chrome HORIZONTAL VERTICAL LICENSE PLATE TAG
Chrome YANA SHIKI HONDA CBR900RR grips
Smoked headlight protector
Hid 8000k kit
black undertail
Carbon fiber triple tree key guard,gas cap guard and gauge trim.
Reverse-glo gauges
Chrome oil cap,
Chrome oil filter
Flush mount turn signals
Russell stainless braided brake lines
I am now looking at mirrors. I am trying to decide on polished billet adjustable, chrome and black with intergrated turn signals or pig spotters2.
Give me your thoughts on how you think it will look and advice on mirrors.

Old 03-19-2013, 11:47 AM

Have fun cleaning it. I'm semi **** about keeping my bike clean. My swingaram and wheels are big enough of a pain to keep a shine on. U can see it on my pics. I always liked the look better than black wheels. But only if they are clean.I don't know if u have heard the others pipes. But, I would have gone with a 2 bros and I have a yosh. I got the smoke flush mount signals on mine and the integrated taillight. Very good price. Installed them myself. A couple of resistors and all went smooth. Like it much better than the stock signals sticking way out like they were. Make sure u post some pics when its done.

Old 03-20-2013, 08:27 AM

I actually like the Yoshi sound better. I has two brother's on my Superhawk and really liked it on the v-twin but I like ther higher pitch of the yoshi on my cbr. I enjoy cleaning up my bike so that won't bother me. I looked at a set of chrome wheels but decided to go with yellow powder coated spokes and a polished lip. I also found a chromed swingarm that I am trying to buy. My biggest issue is mirrors. I just can't decide which route to go.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:35 AM

Anybody running chrome mirrors? I would really like to see a pic of what they look like on our bikes.