CBR 900RR 1993 - 1999 Honda CBR 900RR

Cruize control???

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 10:36 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cruize control???

I heard of something I'm intrested in but can't seem to find it anywhere. I heard about some company in englan that makes a bar end cruize control for superbikes. I am planning a 3000 mile round trip from central Fl to Central MI and back. I think it would help alot but cant find anything or anywhere to purchase one

Old 03-03-2007, 10:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cruize control???

You talking about a true cruise control, or just one of those throttle lock type devices that allows you to take your right hand off for a little while to get some relief?

I've seen several of the throttle lock type devices that will work - check out ebay. I haven't seen a true cruise control that you can kick in and it will maintain your speed -- not for a sportbike. My Goldwing's cruise is fantastic on those all day trips.

Old 03-03-2007, 01:19 PM

ORIGINAL: OldFatGuy

You talking about a true cruise control, or just one of those throttle lock type devices that allows you to take your right hand off for a little while to get some relief?

I've seen several of the throttle lock type devices that will work - check out ebay. I haven't seen a true cruise control that you can kick in and it will maintain your speed -- not for a sportbike. My Goldwing's cruise is fantastic on those all day trips.
yes its the trrottle lock I'm looking for ty I'll look on ebay

Old 03-03-2007, 01:30 PM

I looked on ebay and I couldn't find the ones I was thinking about I saw it in abike mag. something about it being on the bar end. any ideas????

Old 03-03-2007, 02:13 PM

Try this: http://www.throttlemeister.com/tm.html

[hr] A bar end, mechanical, cruise control for motorcycles Machined from Billet Stainless Steel & Ampco Bronze Eliminates rust and corrosion. Maintains a lasting Beauty.

Old 03-03-2007, 04:53 PM

Or you could simply use two o-rings on the end of your clip on between the weight and the grip and it'll hold them amazing well.

Old 03-07-2007, 11:26 AM

can you explain a little more I think I know what your talking about but I what to be sure Gixxereater

Old 03-07-2007, 04:00 PM

Sure, my bar end has a little gap between the grip and the weight. I got a bunch of small rubber o-rings and slid them on until I found one that fit correct. Mine needed two, one down in the gap and another on top of it to hold it but still allowed you to roll out of it if need be. Eventually it would just close itself, but it took enough releif off of your hand to notice it big time. It would probably go a mile before the vibration started to get it to close a bit. Some dont have a gap, in which case get one that fits tight on the weight and roll it up against the grip. (Try two if it's not enough)

Old 03-08-2007, 11:50 AM

oh ok I get it now TY I was kinda thinking that but I'm looking for something to last for a while due to the 1500 mile ride I'll be traveling on I 75 the whole way. I will defenitly try that. Sounds like a good Idea.[sm=goodidea.gif][sm=thanx.gif]

Old 03-08-2007, 11:58 AM

It worked for us. All you really need is something to hold it long enough to take your hand off for a bit and rest it. We did 1700 miles in 4 days (some of which were in the twisties) but we had little to no effects from riding so far. You'll like it and it's cheap. Good luck with your trip.

Quick Reply: Cruize control???