CBR 900RR 1993 - 1999 Honda CBR 900RR

93 RR Does Nothin....Help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 07:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 RR Does Nothin....Help!

Hey Everyone, i put my new brake handle on the bake today, real easy by the way, And took her out for about an hour and a half's drive and she ran perfect. I came back home, parked her, went back out to take another spin about 2 hours later, put the key in , and nothing. I thought maybe my battery was just dead, but i tried to jump it and still nothing. No headlights, no indicater lights, wont turn over, nothin. Im so heart-broken. Anyone had this problem before or have any idea what it could be? Any help would be very appreciated. Thanx.

Michael

Old 08-02-2006, 08:30 PM
Default RE: 93 RR Does Nothin....Help!

You may have put a jump on the battery, but if it's not getting from the battery to the ecu it wont matter. Check the connections on the batter terminals. Take them off and reseat them. Look for corrosion. Otherwise, check the connections at the other end. Something is not getting power from the battery so a jump wont matter. Check the cables.

Old 08-02-2006, 11:58 PM

check your fuses................

Old 08-03-2006, 12:46 AM

I checked the cables and tightened everything down. I also checked the fused that are under my brake lever. Are ther eany more fuses im unaware of? THanx for the help guys.

Old 08-03-2006, 01:06 AM

Check wire harness from voltage regulator, I've had one go bad and burn out the connector on a 93, caused a quick drain of the battery very intermittantly.

Old 08-03-2006, 10:48 AM

There is a 30amp fuse on your ignition relay. It is a black, square module with two allen bolts and two big wires on it. One wire goes to your battery, the other to your starter. If you unplug the module from the wiring harness, you'll find the fuse on the relay.

If you turn the key and nothing happens--not relay clicking, no lights, no fuel pump clicking or no signs of anything--I bet it's the main fuse. Even a very drained battery will try to energize the relay--which will result in a rapid clicking sound if there is not enough juice.

--Chris

Old 08-03-2006, 02:16 PM

Alright well, i took the bike apart and found the fuse you were talking about and it was blown, so i got all excited and changed the fuse, put the bike back together, turned the key and still nothing. I took it apart again to check the fuse, but this time it was still good. Tried jumping it again thinking maybe somehow the battery went dead and now that the fuse was replaced all would be well, but still nothing. Any idea's? Thanx for your help so far.

Old 08-04-2006, 12:53 AM

Ok so i got home about 15 minutes ago, put the key in the bike just cause you never know, and she starts right up. I got all excited and grabbed the right rear plastic to put it back on and take ehr out for a spin, but as soon as i touched the group of wires that go to the rectifier, i think, the bike went instantly dead again and back to doing nothing. So im pretty positive this group of wires has a short soemwhere, i just need to go out in the daylight tomorow and hunt it down.Also i left the bike outside, and it rained while i was gone so im wondering if the rain, might of done something also. I'll keep you guy's informed. Thanx.

Old 08-04-2006, 11:28 AM

You might have oxidation on the back of your rectifier, keeping it from gounding, though the rectifier is grounded internally via the black wire. But just touching the rectifier at idle wound not kill the motor. Look closely at the leads going into the rectifier. Make sure they aren't burnt or crispy. Somethimes these things get hot. It honestly sound like you have a loose lead or a bad ground somewhere.

--Chris

Old 08-04-2006, 02:45 PM

Yeah, I went out this morning to look at the bike, and some of the wires were like, burned together. SO i separated them, and re-wrapped them. But still nothing. I got to tell yah the excitement of thinking i got it figured out, and then being disapointed is gettin to me. lol.

Quick Reply: 93 RR Does Nothin....Help!